Hooker longtube/header wrap question

fejwe

Established Member
I'm finally getting close to installing my headers. They've got the ceramic coating, but I'm wondering if I should also get header wrap for them, and if I do, is 50 feet by 2" wide enough for the headers, or would I need more?

Thanks in advance,
T

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
I've heard that header wrap damages the ceramic coating..just what i have heard though, no personal experience.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Hooker recommends that you don't use header wrap. Moisture gets underneath it and prematurely causes rust.

03CobraJet

Established Member
My hookers have rusted at the lower parts of the tubes and at the collecters. They only have 7000 miles on them, I wish that I would have went with SLP. I would think SS would not rust up as much.

JP96cobra

Established Member
I have had the ceramic coated hooker headers for a couple years now and the coating is almost all off and the headers have rusted. If I were to do it again I would send them out to a reputable place to have them ceramic coated perfessionally and not the garbage coating that hooker does. They started to flake after a couple of months on the car.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
Header wrap will keep the heat in and make a bit more power and torque, but it will cut the life of your headers in half because of all the rust that will form under the wrap.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
you can remove your headers and send them off to jet hot to get re-coated if they are all rusted, something to think about over the winter

Users who are viewing this thread