Hooker Super Competition Full Length Headers for Cobra/Bullitt/4v

docbelasco

docbelasco
Established Member
When, I bought a 99Cobra earlier this year, it came with Hooker Headers:

http://www.holley.com/6229-2HKR.asp Hooker Website Info.

They've been sitting in the garage collecting dust. Because, I no longer have a need for them(because I have a GT) I've decided to sell them. Please view the website links to view them. I've listed a few major websites for research. Supposed +20horsepower.
These only fit the Cobra's ONLY.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...-2HKR&N=700 0&Ntt=HOK~6229HKR or HOK~6229~2HK R&Ntk=KeywordSearch&rsview=sku&Ns=
Summit Racing Website info. $749.95

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_202524_-1
Jegs $757.99

http://www.ajusa.com/cgi-bin/stores/details?vendor_code=HOK&ajr_part_number=HOK 6229 -2HKR&source=lookup&session_id=af0e4cc7e056110cc412 24cf2cbf1f06
AJ USA $792.97

http://performanceparts.com/part.php?partID=246614
PerformanceParts.com $749.95

I haven't really decided a price yet, because they're used, but in great condition, I'm think of putting on a coat of High Temp. paint before I sell them; BUT NOTE these are the Stainless Steel Headers. Asking around $400 plus shipping. OBO...

Last edited:

docbelasco

docbelasco
Established Member
Wanted to know if you have the o2 extenders? Which coating do these have also? Any damage? Pics? Very interested. [email protected]

I've already sold the 02 extentions.

This friday nov16, I am painting them with 1200F High Temperature Ceramic Paint. Either Gloss Black or Silver/Chrome/Aluminum Finish, I haven't decided yet. I always give a few coats of high temp. paint to ensure longevity, protection, and appearance. I have done this to all my past engine parts that apply. There is no damage, except for a very very insignificant ding the size of a pencil eraser on one of the pipes. This is would NOT affect anything, and I only mention this because I am very meticulous! People laughed when they saw this, because of how insignificant it truly was.

anyways, I will post several pictures this friday night when everything is completed.

docbelasco

docbelasco
Established Member
FYI, this is my custom paint job:

The headers are cleaned throughly. I clean using two different cleaning methods to remove two different types of contaminants.

1. Hot water and soap to remove water-soluble contaminants:
Dirt, Mud, Tree Sap, Bird Droppings, Road Salt.

2. Wax and Grease Remover to remove solvent contaminants:
Grease and Oil, Road Tar, Wax and Polishes, Silicone.

Once all loose paint, rust, debris has been removed I perform a precise light sanding. Sanding is important to ensure good mechanical adhesion of the paint to the surface. Then wipe with dry cloth and air pressure to clean off all remaining sandings.

Then the First High Temperature Ceramic Paint is applied like: Dupli-Color High Heat Paint with Ceramic DH 1602. This is allowed to dry and slowly and carefully heated for it cure. A Second coat is applied to ensure the coat is completely applied. The Third coat can be the same paint or a different color of choice like gloss, chrome, whatever high temp. colors available for a desire cosmetic appearance. Gloss Black and Silver Aluminum are the most popular.

Afterward I inspect, polish, wipe off everything, take pictures, and wrap with several layers of paper and plastic bags to keep out moisture and environmental elements.

And, then show them to my friend who usually wanted all this care done for what car part(s) they wanted treated.

docbelasco

docbelasco
Established Member
Was not able to pick up headers on friday, Grandfather not home, thus wasn't able to retrieve and take pics. Will try Saturday.

docbelasco

docbelasco
Established Member
I was able to pick up the headers today around 3pm. After the Clean, sand, Primer Coat, 2 coats of 1200'F High Temp. Ceramic Black. And, this are pictures of them about 30min. after the First of 3 coats of High Temp. Ceramic GLOSS Black. It's getting dark so I'll have to paint the two remaining finishing Gloss Black coats tomorrow... But, I wanted to at least give you guys a heads up of the Headers progress.

HookerSuperCompHeaders

docbelasco

docbelasco
Established Member
OK, here's the catch. Tomorrow Sunday Nov 18 @ 9:50am I'm flying to Miami for the Thanksgiving Holiday vacation. Thus, the ability to send these headers will be when I get back to San Diego on Dec 1. That weekend I'll put the last coats of Gloss Black, wrap 'em, pack 'em, and send 'em to whoever is still wanting them. At the moment DreadedBoost180 and Speedybolt have the current bids at $400+shipping. Tell me if you're willing to still buy these upon my return. Thanx.

Last edited:

speedybolt

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
OK, here's the catch. Tomorrow Sunday Nov 18 @ 9:50am I'm flying to Miami for the Thanksgiving Holiday vacation. Thus, the ability to send these headers will be when I get back to San Diego on Dec 1. That weekend I'll put the last coats of Gloss Black, wrap 'em, pack 'em, and send 'em to whoever is still wanting them. At the moment DreadedBoost180 and Speedybolt have the current bids at $400+shipping. Tell me if you're willing to still buy these upon my return. Thanx.

Bother I'm in Iraq right ow I got nothin but time. I'm just buying parts to have them waiting for me when I get back. Let me know whenever you get back.

Thanks agian

docbelasco

docbelasco
Established Member
Was not able to put on the last coat of paint this weekend due to rain! What the hell, it never rains in San Diego! But, I'll finish the coats this weekend.

Wondering if you guys are still interested...???

Users who are viewing this thread