Hope Shelby spices up Gt500

bobby1

Established Member
I think from pics. its VERY blah looking. Needs a racey stance and some ground affects. By the way cut 400lbs. out!! :D

mustangsnoopy

Established Member
i agree somewhat, i think it looks good, but could look even better. i think it should have more to differentiate it from the stang gt. a hood similar to the ones on the 69/70 shelbys would look damn good on this new one.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Styling is each individuals opinion, but, i would keep it just as is. The extra styling that some guys desire can be added if you choose. I like the simpler, understated look.

G. El Dorado

Established Member
The only way they're taking 400lbs out of that thing is if they do like miata dude said and put an n/a all aluminum pushrod 302 in it.

R1Lello

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
Styling is each individuals opinion, but, i would keep it just as is. The extra styling that some guys desire can be added if you choose. I like the simpler, understated look.

:burnout: I'm with you bud........I like a car the way it comes out of the factory...........if you need to spice it up with bodykits, skirts, diff spoilers etc...........to me you bought the wrong car. My opinion. wheels are another story though

BIG SLICK

Established Member
I understand style is opinion, but the Gt500 looks like a Mustang GT from the side and rear. If you gonna call this car a Shelby then It should be kind of similar to the old ones. If you see a Shelby 67-70, you could tell that car was a Shelby going down the road from about a mile away on any side. I think the tail lights must have to be changed. the scoops could be options.

Fastbackman

Established Member
I would have liked to see the longer taillights as well. Make no mistake though, I love this car and will own one.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
I think we will all know it is a Shelby, regardless of the direction it is traveling. The outgoing 'stangs look a lot alike, but, I can usually tell which ones are special from a mile away.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Give me a break..

More common place people will see the Shelby, and see the stripes, and KNOW that this is not your ordinary, everyday Stang..

Most people could not tell the 03 Cobra's apart from the regular GT's (We obviouly could, but Im talking normal people)..

The Shelby, even people who know nothing about Mustangs, will see the car coming a mile a way. :thumbsup:

If you somehow miss the huge racing stripes, maybe the agressive front end, lowered stance, large wheels, and blower whine might give it away.. :coolman:

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Purvis said:
Give me a break..

More common place people will see the Shelby, and see the stripes, and KNOW that this is not your ordinary, everyday Stang..

Most people could not tell the 03 Cobra's apart from the regular GT's (We obviouly could, but Im talking normal people)..

The Shelby, even people who know nothing about Mustangs, will see the car coming a mile a way. :thumbsup:

If you somehow miss the huge racing stripes, maybe the agressive front end, lowered stance, large wheels, and blower whine might give it away.. :coolman:

Exactly! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

NipplelessHorse

Established Member
I doubt they'll spice it up any, most concept to production models get "de-spiced" if anything. You'll have to do any spicing up on your own.

BIG SLICK

Established Member
:nono: OK, I know we all can tell the difference between the cars. but have you seen the new GT with stripes. I own a 04 cobra vert competition orange, and it is so sickning how many times people think and say, oh thats a mustang, like it is a mustang gt. Even with all the snakes (one in the grille instead of a horse) they cant tell the difference. But like i said on my early post, if there gonna do the retro thing why do it half ass. keep the Shelby looking different than the mustang gt. Tail lights, Scoops, Fog lights, etc..

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
I HATE non functional scoops.
The car is perfect the way it is. The only thing that would be cool is maybe change the tailights to match a GT500, like on the 05 concept car. I think we are all in agreement on that one.

Other than that, its perfect.
And it does have foglights! Just not in the grille.

I would rather forgo all this crap and keep the price down..
Alot of you, I dont think price is really a concern, since you are not really buying one.. But to the rest of us who are getting our checkbooks out, its a BIG factor.

Users who are viewing this thread