Hopefully soon to be owner of 2013-2014 GT500!

tennis_pr0

Established Member
Hey guys, Evan here. I currently own a 2010 base model corvette with full bolt ons making about 420 to the wheels. I love the car, but my dream car has always been a 13-14 gt500. So with that being said, I am hoping by mid to end of Summer, I will be in position to buy one. I have some negative equity that I need to pay off of my Corvette, and also need to build up my credit a bit, but if all goes according to plan, I am hoping to have my dream car by mid to late Summer. I'm hoping around August/September I can find one for mid to high 40k range. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and I am going to try as hard as humanly possible to have the Shelby as soon as possible! Once I can figure out how to upload images I'll upload one of the corvette.

Last edited:

tennis_pr0

Established Member
Good luck in picking up your dream car. Hope all goes well and an early welcome aboard.

Thanks man. Yeah around early-mid summer, I'm gonna do a a complete part of of the corvette and turn it back to stock. Once that us done, then it's gonna just be patiently waiting for the right one at the right price.

Also, can someone please tell me how to insert pictures here lol

Eblue2002

Established Member
I sold my Vette last fall. It was an 02 with 35k miles, making around 405rwhp. I got $18.5 for it. I bought a 13 GT500 just after Halloween. Paid $50k even. Car has 21k miles, and all options except the glass roof and Recaro seats. LOVE the car. Would have liked to have found one with a few less miles, but they were all closer to $60k. Mine is all stock, and did come as a Ford certified pre-owned, which I don't know a lot about, but my Mustang friends told me Ford is picky about what they certify, and the car has been immaculately maintained. Look hard, and if you are prepared to travel a little, you'll find the right car for you. Good luck!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mine is all stock, and did come as a Ford certified pre-owned, which I don't know a lot about, but my Mustang friends told me Ford is picky about what they certify.

I could walk back and tell my mechanic to certify any Ford. Ford Motor Company doesn't inspect the vehicles for certification.

With that being said, it's not moral to certify a car that doesn't meet the requirements.

Good luck OP!

Kel

Established Member
Hey guys, Evan here. I currently own a 2010 base model corvette with full bolt ons making about 420 to the wheels. I love the car, but my dream car has always been a 13-14 gt500. So with that being said, I am hoping by mid to end of Summer, I will be in position to buy one. I have some negative equity that I need to pay off of my Corvette, and also need to build up my credit a bit, but if all goes according to plan, I am hoping to have my dream car by mid to late Summer. I'm hoping around August/September I can find one for mid to high 40k range. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and I am going to try as hard as humanly possible to have the Shelby as soon as possible! Once I can figure out how to upload images I'll upload one of the corvette.

Welcome from another PA Shelby owner. Check out the For Sale section here, there's usually 1 or 2 in that range, you shouldn't have a problem finding one if you check out the various Shelby boards, Autotrader, etc. especially if you're not fixed on an exact color/option combo.

Eblue2002

Established Member
I could walk back and tell my mechanic to certify any Ford. Ford Motor Company doesn't inspect the vehicles for certification.

Well that kind of takes the wind out of my sails..... besides the one I bought, at the time of purchase I could only find 3 other 13/14 GT 500s for sale in the lower 48 that had the pre-certified designation, so that was kind of my "tonic" in not coughing up the extra $10k to get a super low mileage ride. However, I'm still pretty satisfied. What exactly does "pre-certified" entail? I know it includes additional time/miles on the powertrain, out to 60k I believe. Any other good news this morning? (just kidding on the sarcasm, it's good to hear a straight up honest take from someone who knows). Thx.

50stangpower

Established Member
gives you extra 12 months 12,000 mile bumper to bumper and 100k mile powertrain (7year? not 100% on the year). Plus a full tank of gas, new wipers and floor mats.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well that kind of takes the wind out of my sails..... besides the one I bought, at the time of purchase I could only find 3 other 13/14 GT 500s for sale in the lower 48 that had the pre-certified designation, so that was kind of my "tonic" in not coughing up the extra $10k to get a super low mileage ride. However, I'm still pretty satisfied. What exactly does "pre-certified" entail? I know it includes additional time/miles on the powertrain, out to 60k I believe. Any other good news this morning? (just kidding on the sarcasm, it's good to hear a straight up honest take from someone who knows). Thx.

50stangpower is right.

The 12month/12k miles starts the day you buy it. The 7/100k starts the first in service date. So for instance if yours is a 2013 and was purchased new on 3/1/2013, then the 7 years started then.

As far as good news goes, I still think you made a great decision. I miss my 2014 GT500 a ton, only car I've ever had I wish I could get back. Unfortunately the guy that I sold it to, sent it off to be Super Snaked...and I don't want that much money in a GT500.

Last edited:

Eblue2002

Established Member
Thanks 50stang and 13Cobra. I was thinking something like that on the powertrain, but the 1 year bumper to bumper is certainly better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, that's for sure. I wonder if that "bumper to bumper" includes the peeling side stripe? I was about to pay to have both side stripes removed (which I think I'll like better anyway), but if I can keep them for free, I'll save my money for some new MPSS. A peeling sticker looks like $h%t. Just a smidge, but started coming off the first time I washed it.

Users who are viewing this thread