Horrible street racing crash!!!

F8L BYT

Established Member
Street racing ends bad! Don't do it with an open intersection! I sure hope the other vehicle's passengers were alright

[youtube_browser]FKz_R1-RzRA[/youtube_browser]

ws6crash.jpg

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Bunch of idiots.

Too bad that clip was only 7 seconds. Is there a news article link with updates?

TClark22

Established Member
So the car that was hit, was thinking he was in the all clear to turn left when all of a sudden 120mph or faster cars fly up and boom?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Prolly just got the arrow and started to go without paying attention to the cars coming.

It's not a green arrow. It's a green circle, so the non-racing driver should have yielded the right of way. But he probably saw two sets of headlights way down the street and didn't think they were doing 120+ mph. Driver would probably have had time to cross if the two idiots weren't racing.

MFE

Established Member
It's nearly impossible to tell the difference between 40 and 140 when they're coming straight at you. People tend to forget this.

08mojo

Established Member
WTF? Who sets up races through intersections? And for the expected backlash that is sure to follow this thread; no, I do not condone street racing.

GT915

Established Member
Looks to me like the driver was stopped in the left lane. You are probably right...probably thought he was clear but realized how fast the lights were approaching and he just stopped dead in the path of the TA. I can't believe them running wide ass open through an intersection like that. I'm curious to know what happened to those involved. This whole tragedy was senseless.

GT915

Established Member
and furthermore...could the idiots racing NOT see approaching traffic and just let off? There's a lot of dumbass in this 7 second video.

Blown 89

Established Member
It's nearly impossible to tell the difference between 40 and 140 when they're coming straight at you. People tend to forget this.
I deal with this every day. The main street I live near in Phoenix is notorious for people going 20-30 mph over the limit with a hilled bridge over the canal that's hard to see over. Drivers get pissed when everyone pulls out and they have to slam on their brakes but it's impossible to tell who's going the speed limit and who is doubling it when they're coming head on. A jeep was inches away from hitting a truck in front of me just this morning.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
From the youtube comments it was security guard the racer hit, he survived with the only injury being a broken wrist. He was attempting to turn left on an unprotected green and I agree with the other comments. Hard to judge that kind of speed with traffic coming at you and at night.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
It's not a green arrow. It's a green circle, so the non-racing driver should have yielded the right of way. But he probably saw two sets of headlights way down the street and didn't think they were doing 120+ mph. Driver would probably have had time to cross if the two idiots weren't racing.

BULL SHIT.

Driver failed to yield, plain and simple. Doesnt matter what speed the cars looked like they were going. You can tell if cars coming at you on the other side of the freeway are doing 25 or 85, this is no different.

Although I will agree that you should NEVER streetrace through an intersection, because someone elses mistakes will become yours.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread