Horse Rating of 2004 40th Ann. V6

VenemousShadow

Go Cats!
Established Member
Hmm hadnt heard that.....
Getting back to your original Q, exhaust is always a good mod for sound/performance, Im not sure how much a K&N would get ya, but its a good starter mod

SpectorV

Established Member
its identical to all other 01+ (slight change in 01 with lower intake valve and higher redline/bit different cam)

193hp@5500rpm
225tq@2750rpm

0-60 in 7.1 seconds (manual add .5 for auto)
Quarter mile in 15.3-15.7 stock (add .5 for auto)
Weight 3100~ (hardtop manual)

its a 3.8L 232ci 90 degree push rod over head valve V6 with split port intake, short and long runner where short runners have valves that open at 3k rpms~ to allow the short runners to flow.

7.5 inch rear end with 3.27 rear gears and an open differential. (one wheel peal)

they have plenty of ability, some in the 10s with a blower and engine work you can see 12s pretty easy~ all that aside with just bolt ons and what not in a manual you should see mid to high 14s, just bolt ons nothing wild.

If you have an auto... im sorry... :(

Last edited:

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
SpectorV said:
its identical to all other 01+ (slight change in 01 with lower intake valve and higher redline/bit different cam)

193hp@5500rpm
225tq@2750rpm

0-60 in 7.1 seconds (manual add .5 for auto)
Quarter mile in 15.3-15.7 stock (add .5 for auto)
Weight 3100~ (hardtop manual)

its a 3.8L 232ci 90 degree push rod over head valve V6 with split port intake, short and long runner where short runners have valves that open at 3k rpms~ to allow the short runners to flow.

7.5 inch rear end with 3.27 rear gears and an open differential. (one wheel peal)

they have plenty of ability, some in the 10s with a blower and engine work you can see 12s pretty easy~ all that aside with just bolt ons and what not in a manual you should see mid to high 14s, just bolt ons nothing wild.

If you have an auto... im sorry... :(

The car is my daily driver, im not looking to mod it too much, I have had 3 V8 stangs in the past, they were great, but impractical when driving good distances.

Mc Q 6185

Established Member
have an 04' v6 in the family and although the later production 04's have the 3.9 in em everything is similar to the earlier v6's. As far as mods go, when I drove it I threw in a fram airhog and converted the exhaust to true dual comming out of 40 series flows....its got pep and a decent sound but it won't ever hold a candle to the B....still a fun car to drive though :coolman: .

Users who are viewing this thread