Horsepower by Hermann Update

Lomancobra

Established Member
Just thought I would let you guys know the status of the recently excommunicated Hermann. I made my first trip to a drag strip with him, Bill, and company on Friday night.
It was also Hermann's first trip to the track with his new 03. He has the KB running 14.5lbs along with the BPUs, and a tight solid rear end.
We went to capital raceway out in Crofton right by his shop. Hermann made 3 runs with the new setup. With every run he got better. His best was a 10.9 @ 127. :rolling:
I had a ball with my first track experience. My first run I only made a 12.5 @ 121, but I was not ready for the lights at all and I was granny shifting down the track. My second run I was more prepared. I was going to be more aggressive, but I blew the halfshaft on the 1-2 shift. :cryying: Luckily Hermann and his crew were there to rescue me. He towed me back to his shop, put in a new halfshaft at 12am and had me back on the road by 12:30.

Special thanks to Hermann, James, and Joe for helping me out and saving my ass. It was the best night I've had in a long time, and I can say that even though I blew my halfshaft. They wouldn't even let me pay them for their overtime labor. Looks like its time for the solid rear for me. Only one guess as to whos installing it for me. :thumbsup:

P.S. Hermann sends his best to the forum.
Some pics of his new beast

Last edited:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
That is delicious...the mag on the table that is. Hey sounds like ya'll had a great time out there and keep up the good work. Tell Herman that on behalf of everyone on the site that he is missed. Hope to continue to hear good news like that, it really brightens a day when you can come home to read good news. That is, good news about the fun ya'll had and the help that you got from Herman. Sorry about the halfshaft though. My philosophy is that it wont work force it, if it breaks....well it needed replacing anyway.
--Michael--

Users who are viewing this thread