Horsepower guestimate (new combo)

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
Ok, so here is my new set up Im putting together...

its 331 cubic inches
10 : 1 compression ratio
Holley systemax intake
AFR 185 heads
75mm throttle body
90mm Lightning meter w/42# injectors
Anderson motorsports 4" power pipe (stuffed inside fender)
Comp cam (XE276hr) 224/230 duration .. .544/.544 lift
bbk equal lenght shorty headers
bassani catted X-pipe (might remove cats, not sure yet)
bassani cat back

It should be dyno'd tuned hopefully in about 2 weeks once I drop the engine back into the car..
What do you guys think she will make?

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
my car was turbo'd (Hellion t62 kit, at 9-16psi) before I tore it down and started building this up...
Summertimes are brutal here in Vegas and Im tired of overheating, so im doing the N/A route..
So yeah...

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
Yeah, I remember, I was just messing with ya. :)

lol gotcha :D

I know Im going to mis the power, but I need/want this more streetable now.. Being in a 110+ degree weather and turning the A/C on is a must since the 5 year old princess doesnt like the heat lol
Hopefully if I can get atleast 350 to the tires it should be plenty fast enough to enjoy driving still

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
I have had so much problems with this thing.. I cant believe my luck :(
The car is finally running, 2 weeks to get my pistons and cam, took 2 weeks to get it back from the balance work done.. and about 3 days for me to assemble it (working on it for about 2-3 hours after work)
Everything was finally assembled and it would crank and not start! had fuel press but no spark. So the next day I brought tools to diagnose the no spark problem and the car ran at first start up!, So i drove it to the dynojet, bucking and jerking thinking it was just cause the tune was missing... Well, the tuner spent 2 days trying to dial it in and he couldnt tune it cause it kept bucking in jerking.. so I took it home... on the way home it cleared up and drove fine for about 2 hours till I got home, the next morning, it wouldnt start again.. installed a new ignition module, new coil and still nothing, so I removed my MSD boxes and just using stock ignition system. Found that the MSD distributor trigger wheel was hitting the stator, so I swapped to my stock distributor...
So ok, now its running...
Now Im having overheating issues. my fan wasnt comming on, so I found a ground was bad, so I cleaned that, then worked. So I was driving it and it wasnt hot, but the radiator cap blew off pressure, so I found the cap was defective, so I replaced it. Driving around town, in 110 degree day, the car got up to 222*
So I decided to screw the electrical fan and module and go back to the clutch fan set, up, so now the car is half tuned (runs pretty decent) and with the clutch fan, AC on and in stop n go traffic, it gets to about 210* max of 215
What do you guys think of that temp? Still to hot?
Its got no power adder now, all motor and runs strong I might add. I actually raced a 06 Mustang with a saleen blower, guy says he is pushing 510 to the wheels and I kept up with him, I wasnt going to beat him, but I was nose to nose the whole time...
Im getting the tune finished up this week,
Sorry for the long post..

Last edited:

XSIV_BOOST

Banned
I have had so much problems with this thing.. I cant believe my luck :(
The car is finally running, 2 weeks to get my pistons and cam, took 2 weeks to get it back from the balance work done.. and about 3 days for me to assemble it (working on it for about 2-3 hours after work)
Everything was finally assembled and it would crank and not start! had fuel press but no spark. So the next day I brought tools to diagnose the no spark problem and the car ran at first start up!, So i drove it to the dynojet, bucking and jerking thinking it was just cause the tune was missing... Well, the tuner spent 2 days trying to dial it in and he couldnt tune it cause it kept bucking in jerking.. so I took it home... on the way home it cleared up and drove fine for about 2 hours till I got home, the next morning, it wouldnt start again.. installed a new ignition module, new coil and still nothing, so I removed my MSD boxes and just using stock ignition system. Found that the MSD distributor trigger wheel was hitting the stator, so I swapped to my stock distributor...
So ok, now its running...
Now Im having overheating issues. my fan wasnt comming on, so I found a ground was bad, so I cleaned that, then worked. So I was driving it and it wasnt hot, but the radiator cap blew off pressure, so I found the cap was defective, so I replaced it. Driving around town, in 110 degree day, the car got up to 222*
So I decided to screw the electrical fan and module and go back to the clutch fan set, up, so now the car is half tuned (runs pretty decent) and with the clutch fan, AC on and in stop n go traffic, it gets to about 210* max of 215
What do you guys think of that temp? Still to hot?
Its got no power adder now, all motor and runs strong I might add. I actually raced a 06 Mustang with a saleen blower, guy says he is pushing 510 to the wheels and I kept up with him, I wasnt going to beat him, but I was nose to nose the whole time...
Im getting the tune finished up this week,
Sorry for the long post..

That suckss.. :dw:

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
a fluidyne radiator and a mr gasket (if I remember right) 180* t-stat
2 row aluminum, pretty big, barely fit on its supports, no way I can get anything bigger without having to cut stuff up

buddha93

Established Member
OK, silly question, but is the shroud on?

That fluidyne should handle the heat, but definitely sounds hot too me.

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
yup shroud is on..
Ever since I have had the car, Vegas weather is HOT and so my car gets HOt!
Even my 03 Cobra overheated on me, the 2 summers I had it.. Only with the A/C on, if its off, it stays cool all day...
And the A/C has been checked for proper operation, leaks, pressures and all that good stuff...

SVTurbo 98

E85 addict
Established Member
a fluidyne radiator and a mr gasket (if I remember right) 180* t-stat
2 row aluminum, pretty big, barely fit on its supports, no way I can get anything bigger without having to cut stuff up

I had that same setup on a foxbody and it worked great in florida. What is the temp like cruising down the highway? 210-215 is a little to hot imo

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Well, don't know if I will help, but I'll post up my combo.

Stock short block with aluminum heads, crane cam, edelbrock intake, and 14psi via a S-Trim

It has a 190 degree thermostat, 3 core autozone radiator, and a ramcharger duel electric fan (and the needed 130amp alt to back it up).

My car quickly gets up to about 200, but once the thermostat opens, it drops to 194ish, and doesn't move from there. Remember, this is in the FL heat, but I don't have AC.

Users who are viewing this thread