Horsepower TV

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Just saw an episode with a vortech install on a 97 cobra. I thought it was pretty cool. They useally just work on that weak 96-98 GT that one of the hosts owns. Just wondering if anyone happened by it.

mackj66

Established Member
I can't believe I missed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The one week I miss, and they actually work on a car that I care to see.

I am so sick of that show just working on older cars not to mention the week after week of repeats...they need to make some shows working on newer modern muscle cars....not that weak project nightmare or stupid honda civic.

Wouldn't you guys agree?

MidNight Snake

Established Member
That honda!!! I really dont watch that show any more, I just happened to be flipping around and saw a cobra. I used to watch it all the time, but after a year or saw I saw every episode 5 times. If they just did some more mod motor stuff I would watch more. Maybe a cam swap on a 4v or a turbo install. I should be a program director.

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
mackj66 said:
I am so sick of that show just working on older cars not to mention the week after week of repeats...they need to make some shows working on newer modern muscle cars....not that weak project nightmare or stupid honda civic.

Wouldn't you guys agree?

I fully agree with this statement!!!!

COBRASVT

Established Member
WishIHadaCobra said:
Don't worry I am sure it will be on another 10 times this month.

I can't even find it listed on their site....the only thing they talk about is the Vortech install on the GT :cuss:

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
God project nightmare is such a lame one. Freakin vortec blown and couldnt even break 300rwhp. I swear that thing is sad.

MidNight Snake

Established Member
They got something like 420+ rwhp out of the cobra with it previously at 240 rwhp. That was just with the blower. That car still had the stock cat back, but it did look clean.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
SnakeBite98 said:
God project nightmare is such a lame one. Freakin vortec blown and couldnt even break 300rwhp. I swear that thing is sad.

I think you can partly attribute that to the stock heads on the car. Those things suck so much...

I've seen the Cobra episode maybe three times. I'm honestly suprised they pulled that much power from it considering what all is and isn't done to the car...

mackj66

Established Member
Did that cobra have forged internals, or did they leave the bottom end stock?
What PSI were they running to get 420RWHP?

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
I don't remember if that was specified or not, but it is a good question. I was assuming that it was stock, and that the 420 was flywheel hp.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
CobraJazz said:
I don't remember if that was specified or not, but it is a good question. I was assuming that it was stock, and that the 420 was flywheel hp.

it wasnt crank hp, it was wheel hp, beause they set it up on their dyno in their gazillion dollar shop. Damn I wish I had my own TV show :cuss:

Venomous281

Texas Bandit
Established Member
i saw that this morning when i woke up, as usual i am late to school about an hour so i just watched it but i started watching it when they finished saying the dyno numbers. if im not mistaken thats an old episode because i remember them putting a supercharger on a green cobra a while back.

Users who are viewing this thread