Hot Rod Magazine Article - 05 GT in the 12's

crabby

got halfshafts?
Established Member
I didnt have time to read the whole article as I was in the book store and they were closing early becuase of new years eve, but they have run into the 12's in an 05 gt with an air box a tune and some other bolt ons. Looks like these cars have alot more potential then I thought.

IDAREU

Banned
It will not be long that we will think new cars running 12's with bolt ons will be no big deal.

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
They took 380 pounds off of it, used slicks, willwood drag brakes, remounted the shock inboard (drag race shocks) and geared the rear with 4.30s. Basically its not a street rig anymore.

blown01cobra

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
EvergreenSVT said:
They took 380 pounds off of it, used slicks, willwood drag brakes, remounted the shock inboard (drag race shocks) and geared the rear with 4.30s. Basically its not a street rig anymore.

Can it be driven on the street, yes there for it is a street rig. It won't be a smooth ride but I can not say anything because my setup is not very nice on the street.

Sapperstang

Established Member
Most stangs would run 12's with those mods. What does this prove? Not a damn thing.

tuke

I am t3h Banned
Established Member
blown01cobra said:
Can it be driven on the street, yes there for it is a street rig. It won't be a smooth ride but I can not say anything because my setup is not very nice on the street.
i duno those 4.30's might not work on pump gass j/k the 05's also look sweet

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread