Houston area tuners

Juiced 66

Established Member
I just can't use psi. Because their customer service sucks. Auto adrenaline always answers when I call or calls me back within an hour.

Mike@TF

Established Member
I just can't use psi. Because their customer service sucks. Auto adrenaline always answers when I call or calls me back within an hour.

when your jammed pack with cars and only have 2 mechanics/1 actually doing some tuning there and phone stays ringing 24/7 cant answer all of them..wouldnt you rather them to be working on your car or getting nothing done because they are answering every phone call:-D

Flaco1

Established Member
I don't think there is any one in Houston that I would recommend. I'm not going to mention any names but I tried getting my car tuned locally and could not find any one to tune car right. I called a couple of places and an emails had no respondes that people recommended and I drop my car off a local tuner here and after my car sat there for month still couldn't get the drivability tune fix right. So I got an email tune from Jon Lund and car ran like stock. It sucks after paying money and my car still run like shit after I pick it up from being there a month. Then turn around in a couple of days after i pick it up and get an email tune and car run like stock. Now you would figure as big as Houston is and all the fast car here that there would a go to guy that everyone would recommended. But that's my two cents. Just look up on this forums and u see which tuners have tune this car cars into the 8,9,and 10 and u won't find and local tuner getting credit.

chao5.0

Established Member
i have yet to find a solid answer on a good tuner in houston for these new 5.0's. fastlane seemed promising but then i heard not to go there, the same with psi and houston performance. pretty much it seems if you want a good tune then your going to have to get a mail order or get AED to tune it if you want it done right.

so_r_crazy

Established Member
Might give Chris of Chris' Car Doc in Humble a call and ask a few questions. Runs a top notch shop and has a long standing background with Mustangs. He is a SCT dealer with a dyno in house. I dont know of any neg feedback for him compared to the other shops you mentioned. I know he is doing a new 5.0 swap in a fox for one customer. Also guy treats your car like it is his own.

Sent from my DROID3

Last edited:

Flaco1

Established Member
i have yet to find a solid answer on a good tuner in houston for these new 5.0's. fastlane seemed promising but then i heard not to go there, the same with psi and houston performance. pretty much it seems if you want a good tune then your going to have to get a mail order or get AED to tune it if you want it done right.

Right on the money. IMO

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member

x2

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member

EVERY shop will have good/bad feedback, personally the choice is up to you. Do your research. Fastlane has some very fast cars come out of their shop. Who told you not to go there? A friend? Did your "friend" have any work done at fastlane? Just curious as to why rumors get started about well known shops...if you have had no business with the shop, then don't spew out negative/postive remarks. Problem solved.

chao5.0

Established Member
EVERY shop will have good/bad feedback, personally the choice is up to you. Do your research. Fastlane has some very fast cars come out of their shop. Who told you not to go there? A friend? Did your "friend" have any work done at fastlane? Just curious as to why rumors get started about well known shops...if you have had no business with the shop, then don't spew out negative/postive remarks. Problem solved.

i was told directly from unsatisfied customers not to go there, and i'm not retelling the stories so i'm not giving negative feedback. i was just saying i was told not to go there and decided not to, if someone chooses to go there thats fine i won't try and talk them out of it but i don't see any real stand out tuner in houston for these cars probably because they are still relatively new.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
i was told directly from unsatisfied customers not to go there, and i'm not retelling the stories so i'm not giving negative feedback. i was just saying i was told not to go there and decided not to, if someone chooses to go there thats fine i won't try and talk them out of it but i don't see any real stand out tuner in houston for these cars probably because they are still relatively new.

there are plenty of places to take the car in houston and surrounding areas.

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
I plan on taking my car over to Psi to work his magic. I just came from there yesterday and spoke to him about this cars. He had a 13 there with about 500miles with a built motor and other goodies. He has his own 5.0 and it runs great.

Got my lightning tuned on a stock block again made 488rwhp and 560rwtq on 15psi 14* timing.

Users who are viewing this thread