Houston Performance

haskett

Established Member
I just wanted to give a positive thumbs-up to Houston Performance.

As you probably know, I recently rebuilt my motor. Before getting out next week for some high speed driving at BBORR, I decided to get the car re-tuned just to be safe. I took my car in, they ran a number of baseline pulls, and then they suggested that I keep my tuning money in my pocket.

Music to my ears! It's nice to run into a business that does the right thing when they easily could have gone after the short-term money.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
That is so very good to hear!

I'm pretty sure those are the same guys that rebuilt Joe Johnson's Y2KR 5.4 when one of the cam bolts broke.
He said he was very happy with them and the outcome also.
I'm sure there are more.
I've been in Houston since 95 and for many years I did not know where to send people who asked where to get HI PO Ford work done, now I finally know of some choices.

Good luck at Big Bend!

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I've known Steve Drier since 1998. He and his tech at the time (Michael Sen-Roy) did my '98 cobra with a stock pulley 8psi strim and 4.10 gears. That car made 460/390 sae to the wheel and I daily drove it in hades hot houston for 3 years. Made an 11.79 at 119 pass on the street driven nittos you see in the pic below. Not too shabby for circa 1999. That factory stock 98 32v leak downed/compression checked like a champ right before I sold it. Steve has been a standup guy for many years for all the dealings I have had with him.

If you see Steve, tell him JB VOBRA said hello

the 'ol HP prepared '98 hitting some boost on allen parkway summer 2000 :rockon:

JBvobra3.jpg

haskett

Established Member
Great to hear. What were you HP numbers?

On my 3.20" pulley, 447 hp and 442 tq. That is 13 and 5 less than they were at HPP's dyno several years ago. The motor only has 500 miles on it.

I'm happy. I don't want a dyno queen. It needs to withstand the abuse I hurl at it.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
On a side note, I am sorry for you guys that live in Houston. I visited there for work a few months back, not my cup of tea lol :)

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Another satisfied Houston Performance customer right here.

An additional upside to Houston is the onramps and offramps for the Westpark tollway and of course, MSR Houston.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Another satisfied Houston Performance customer right here.

An additional upside to Houston is the onramps and offramps for the Westpark tollway and of course, MSR Houston.

That is something I really miss about Syracuse, of course they aren't that much fun when they are covered in snow for 6 months of the year, but still.
Westpark Tollway duly noted.:thumbsup:

I used to love to go ramping.
Part of the fun admittedly was scaring the crap out of co-workers and friends, but even still guard rail or curbing is going to end badly if a mistake is made.

However MSR Houston has plenty of run off if you make a mistake.:beer:

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
Houston Performance did some work on my Fox Terminator and did an excellent job. Rebuild tranny, rear end, tune, etc. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again!

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
This has to be the first good news i've heard about them, maybe they are turning things around. Maybe the crap I read was wrong, anyhow thanks for the thread op

postalbunny

Established Member
Seem to remember the same about Houston Perf, back when i was trying to find a tuner. Can't seem to find the threads, a search did turn this up :

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...2100-notable-suspension-shops-houston-tx.html

They welded his sub-frames on with the wheels hanging, that's not good.

If you're close to 1960/Jones area there's a shop "Fastlane" that does a lot of mustang work; and in Humble there's a shop called "Slayters". Slayters fixed a leaking exhaust valve on my car; pulled heads and them ported etc.

mu22stang

Established Member
Seem to remember the same about Houston Perf, back when i was trying to find a tuner. Can't seem to find the threads, a search did turn this up :

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...2100-notable-suspension-shops-houston-tx.html

They welded his sub-frames on with the wheels hanging, that's not good.

If you're close to 1960/Jones area there's a shop "Fastlane" that does a lot of mustang work; and in Humble there's a shop called "Slayters". Slayters fixed a leaking exhaust valve on my car; pulled heads and them ported etc.

That was me. They are not a suspension shop. That's no secret.

I can't say I'm dissatisfied though. They told me how they were going to do it and I just didn't know any better at the time.

Last edited:

postalbunny

Established Member
n/m, it was "Strictly Performance". Several post from customer's who've went in for tunes and were not happy. Take it all with a grain of salt though, there are also numerous post from people who recommend them and everyone else.

postalbunny

Established Member
That was me. They're are not a suspension shop. That's no secret.

I can't say I'm dissatisfied though. They told me how they were going to do it and I just didn't know any better at the time.

Yea... but they should have known better; Any mustang shop should know about welding sub frames in. I did find several post regarding their tuning, and several happy customers.

mu22stang

Established Member
Yea... but they should have known better; Any mustang shop should know about welding sub frames in. I did find several post regarding their tuning, and several happy customers.

I agree, and many may say I'm lucky since my doors close just fine. The fact is, I've put my FLSFC through more abuse than a lot of people and I can't say this incorrect installation method has held me back.

If you need chassis or suspension work done, I'd suggest going somewhere else. If you need engine work or dyno tuning, you'll be very satisfied and well taken care of at Houston Performance.

Users who are viewing this thread