Houston Shelby Owners....Breakfast GTG

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Would like to gauge interest in starting a monthly breakfast get together for Shelby Owners. Since Coffee and Cars is now defunct, there is not a place for us to meet. This would be monthly, probably 1st Saturday of the month. I am open to locations, only there is some criteria to selecting a restaurant.

Unlike Coffee and Cars, we won't have to arrive at 5AM to get a parking spot!!
I think a 9:00 AM meet time is perfect!! And you can actually get there at 9!!!

1. Parking- needs to be plentiful, and hopefully somewhat open to a little loitering.

2. A place where we actually want to eat. Since we won't be hanging out in the parking lot the entire time. This won't be like Coffee and Cars, we will actually have to give business to the establishment of choice. I do not plan on getting "permission" to do this. If we are paying customers, I don't see any issues arising.

We can rotate this around to different areas or just stay with one restaurant so there is no confusion as to where it is every month. If you don't make it a few times, the next time you do you will know exactly where to go.

First nomination:

1. Cadillac Bar-Kemah Boardwalk
Plenty of parking. Entire place is built for loitering. Breakfast is affordable. They serve DRINKS for breakfast!! Micheladas, Mimosas, Bloody Marys....even just beer.

Did I say DRINKS...haha

I am not familiar with downtown Houston. Is there any place someone could recommend?

qachargh

Established Member
There is a place called The Breakfast Klub in Midtown at Alabama and Travis. It is really good but also pretty popular. I have never been there early so I don't know how busy it gets. Anywhere around downtown parking is going to be a PITA and most decent restaurants are geared for dinner and lunch. The only other suggestion I can make is Kelly's Country Kitchen at Park Place and 45. They have a big parking lot and most of the "interesting" people probably wouldn't be there that early.

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
There is a place called The Breakfast Klub in Midtown at Alabama and Travis. It is really good but also pretty popular. I have never been there early so I don't know how busy it gets. Anywhere around downtown parking is going to be a PITA and most decent restaurants are geared for dinner and lunch. The only other suggestion I can make is Kelly's Country Kitchen at Park Place and 45. They have a big parking lot and most of the "interesting" people probably wouldn't be there that early.

"interesting" people...that's funny. I know that place and area.

Seems I have some others that still want to go to Vintage Park. Think I'm over that place. we'll see what else they come up with.

qachargh

Established Member
Then you are well aware what makes them interesting.

Seems the Vintage Park people are tired of our ilk. There has to be something around Memorial City mall.

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Yes well aware....been awhile since I've been out there. But assume it hasn't changed.

Seems some others prefer lunch/late lunch so they don't have to get up early. Problem with that is parking becomes a problem. Harder to get spots together once a restaurant is up and running for the day. It's so hard to get people to agree on things. I'm not going to push this too hard. If it happens great, if not ...I tried.
I thought 9 am was reasonable, sure beats leaving at 4:30 in the morning to get to Vintage Park at 5:30 to get a spot. I'm not doing that anymore. Oh well, let's see where this goes.

qachargh

Established Member
Yeah, that 5 a.m. BS sucks. Mornings and I have sort of a hate-hate relationship. This may end up being one of those occasional deals like the cruises. Unless you possess the singular skill of herding cats.

jcthorne

Established Member
I'd suggest the 59 Diner on Hwy 249 near Willowbrook. Good breakfast, plenty of parking and car meet friendly.

And big glass windows to keep an eye on the cars....

dino lord

itching to build...
Established Member
I'd suggest the 59 Diner on Hwy 249 near Willowbrook. Good breakfast, plenty of parking and car meet friendly.

And big glass windows to keep an eye on the cars....
This.

Momma's cafe or the 59 Diner on Shepherd would be more central but parking sucks at both.

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
I have submitted these suggestions for consideration. Let's see what the feedback is.

Herding cats? That would be easier I think.

It's pretty tough getting a group of Shelby owners together. I have a small core group that I can count on for our drives (and a GT, thanks jcthorne), we always have a great time on those. Thought I would give a monthly gathering a shot. Specified day of month, restaurant and time. If they show great, if not I at least have a good meal and drive the car a bit. I don't drive it much anymore.

ldylkegt07

Established Member
Love your idea SuperFly99. I am down for a monthly gathering... and heck don't mind driving. That is why we bought these rides right? What's the lastest?

Users who are viewing this thread