How about a before and after thread?

Litemup86

Established Member
I found some pics of my '86 coupe when I first got it in almost stock trim and compared them to where it is today. Anybody else have some good before and after photos?

Before:
RSide.jpg

After:
Side.jpg

Guess I'm not really done since the moldings aren't back on the car, but it shows how far it's come so far.

Litemup86

Established Member
That's a tough list, but I can bullet point the main items...

Car: $1,700 in 2001 or so.

Motor: $2,500 complete motor, down to injectors. A friend built it, and made 322hp to the wheels before wanting to switch to a '03 cobra motor. I was already saving to buy a short block, so that got the job done.

5 Lug conversion: $120 at a junk yard for a spindle-out setup off a '95 GT. Used everything down to the same brake pads. Had to get new brake lines, $30, two 5 lug axles out of a ranger at the junk yard, $30, and two ranger drums, $30 or so.

Wheels: I'm a fan of later factory wheels on older cars. Bought these with tires for $400. Since then have had to upgrade to Mickey Thompson drag radials and new NT555 fronts (also bought off a friend with about 1,000 miles on them).

Incon Twin turbo kit - complete kit for $1,750 at Fun Ford Weekend Orlando. Sold shaved Edelbrock Performer RPM heads and bought used Trick Flow Twisted Wedge out of box to lower compression. Was even swap. Went back to factory cam for lobe seperation.

AJE Tubular K-Member - Fun Ford Weekend $250.

Garage Paint Job by friend - $500 in materials and basic labor. Needs to be re-done. Only bad investment of the car.

Incon grenaded T-5. Paid $2,090 for complete TKO-600 setup at Bradenton this year. Now waiting for rearend to go, ha ha.

With your other bs, I bet I have under $10k into this car. It went 11.60 with my previous single kit and is quite a bit faster right now. Was planning on getting some track runs in this week, but I'm in a tropical storm right now. I have no doubt this car will see 10.90's in current trim. Gotta love a 2nd hand project.

Last edited:

Wikkd03

Established Member
not much change
double limo tint, springs, wheels, grille emblem and chrome letters in bumper

i have a lot in store for it though, just need the money

before
03cobra3.jpg

after
pic3.jpg

1SLO85

SILVER BUCKET RACING
Established Member
My "Project 92 Coupe". When I got it, it already had a 5 lug conversion. I swapped out a complete UPR coil over front end, with tubular K-member QA1 10 way adj struts, forged axles, rear end girdle, upper/lower CA's, sub-frame connectors, Strange 10 way adj rear shocks, new gauges, battery relocation kit, complete MSD ignition, etc.

The paint was awful with lots of hail damage and wasted deck lid. I replaced the headlights, tail lights, trim, weatherstripping, hood and 8 coats of beautiful black paint with 4 coats of clear. I replaced the decklid and the body was taken all the way down to metal via media blasting. After all was siad and done, the body was laser straight.

Before...

17008COUPE4-large.jpg

After...

SSCN2032.jpg

SSCN2031.jpg

SSCN2030.jpg

SSCN2029.jpg

SSCN2028.jpg

SSCN2027.jpg

dpa43

Established Member
8/24/2004
standard.jpg

6/01/2008 not the most recent pic, car has been lowered since this pic.
standard.jpg

scancion

Established Member
My "Project 92 Coupe". When I got it, it already had a 5 lug conversion. I swapped out a complete UPR coil over front end, with tubular K-member QA1 10 way adj struts, forged axles, rear end girdle, upper/lower CA's, sub-frame connectors, Strange 10 way adj rear shocks, new gauges, battery relocation kit, complete MSD ignition, etc.

The paint was awful with lots of hail damage and wasted deck lid. I replaced the headlights, tail lights, trim, weatherstripping, hood and 8 coats of beautiful black paint with 4 coats of clear. I replaced the decklid and the body was taken all the way down to metal via media blasting. After all was siad and done, the body was laser straight.

Before...

17008COUPE4-large.jpg

After...

SSCN2032.jpg

SSCN2031.jpg

SSCN2030.jpg

SSCN2029.jpg

SSCN2028.jpg

SSCN2027.jpg

Dude your fox is what made me do a fox project. You have one of the cleanest coupes out there! :rockon:

SpdKilz

Established Member
One of the first pictures I took of the car in Summer of 2003. Completely stock.

outsidesummer03.jpg

Five years later.

outsidesummer07.jpg

Completely stock engine bay...at the time I thought this was the fastest thing in the world and I would NEVER modifiy it...my my how things change, haha!

engine03.jpg

engine07.jpg

ttz06.jpg

- Carleton

Vinyl

Your HIDs blind others
Established Member
My last Mustang: Before:
Orange-1.jpg

DSC04565.jpg

After:
Oct12002sm.jpg

rolling_sm-1.jpg

Sep20002sm.jpg

The next one will be just as wild of a change!

Vinyl

Your HIDs blind others
Established Member
Bleeding, if you want a vinyl panel between the tails, pm me

Last edited:

Vinyl

Your HIDs blind others
Established Member
:bowdown:http://i35.tinypic.com/1z5t0nm.jpg[img][/quote]

I began to hate the tinted headlights after the first night of driving, just never got around to sanding them down. :shrug:

Most folks hate that car. So thanks!

Vinyl

Your HIDs blind others
Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread