How about this 00R replica

JKCOBRA98

Established Member
DSC00439.jpg

Looks like this one has some power too.

I think it's silver.. Not sure but if it is this is what mine will look like when completed..

Hope you guys don't care that I am goig to replicate the great car you guys have.

Later,
Matt

Chris_96cobra

Established Member
may not be replica b/c is saw in a recent issue a mm&ff that some one had striped a real R to compeat in ffw, they were gonna put a 5.0 in it since they will not let u use a mod motor in the class he wanted, i'll check and see what issue it was, not saying ur wrong could very well be a replica, i just wanted to post this because i thought it was a waste of a very nice car!

Blown V8

I live in Columbus Ohio, where this photo was taken (at the NMRA shootout at National Trail Raceway, last weekend). The silver car is in fact, to the best of my knowledge, just a clone. The real one being raced is a red car, and yes, it started off life as a real-deal (prototype-R) car, just not one of the original 300, like we own. It was a body in white (red!) that Paul Svnicki, a guy with some contacts in Ford acquired, and saved from being crushed. Check out the thread listed below for some pics of it being built. Other than body parts, theres not much about it that relates to our cars...still very cool, however!!!

To quote from a previous thread on this site (Cobra R, page 4....Paul Svnickis' new car). This should take you to it:
http://www.forums.svtperformance.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11192

"Paul Svnicki saved a Cobra R from the Ford Corporate crusher and turned it into a Hot Street ride powered by a Ford Racing 5.0 Mod Motor and Lentech AOD tranny."

Hope this helps clearify your questions! Thanks, Jeremy

Chris_96cobra

Established Member
Thats it, page 22 of the may 2002 issue, I did not know the story behind it, I just knew they said it was a cobra R on the drag strip, so I read the article, but if he saved it from being crushed that is wonderful, I hate to see such great cars bing destroyed, DON'T CRUSH EM, RESTORE EM!

Users who are viewing this thread