How Bad...

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
so the kooks headers i had bought has the driver side o2 sensor welded closed in the flange. I started up the car today because it hasnt been running since November (long story) how bad is it to just leave it with no sensor on the driver side or to drive it like that till I find a place to drill out the hole and then thread it.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
very bad.... Without an o2 sensor the car will run like complete ass. The front o2's are the building block to a good running car, persay.

Get an o2 in there ASAP. Hell, the car probably wont even run without it in there...

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
the car actually idled fine and was no CEL
just noises from the exhaust leaks that i will hopefully be able to fix tomorrow if it doesnt pour

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
how long did it idle for? if the car was still in open loop it would idle fine. It's when the car hits closed loop is what the problem will be.

In open loop, the car runs off preset tables and what not.

In closed loop, the car runs off all the sensors. Without the front o2 in there, it will run like shat. trust me.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
it was about a half hour
looks like i am going to have to bring in my car to an exhaust shop anyway, have to have a new bung welded in for the wideband and then the driver side custom cat back now doesnt fit with the headers and new x so i have to have a little bit more of bends put into it. hurah

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
oh, also would it be ok to drive a short distance to the shop or should i see if i can get it towed there?

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
If the front O2's see too much O2, or no O2, it fails the rationality test and stays in open loop. Why you would not get an error, I don't understand. There are a whole bunch of checks going on, in there.

Jim Snover

how long did it idle for? if the car was still in open loop it would idle fine. It's when the car hits closed loop is what the problem will be.

In open loop, the car runs off preset tables and what not.

In closed loop, the car runs off all the sensors. Without the front o2 in there, it will run like shat. trust me.

Tx_Diablous

I build them she drives
Established Member
It will not hurt a dam thing....it will run the built in tables and throw a code in the future.....It will stay in open loop....

Users who are viewing this thread