How big of a difference did you notice after Pulley/Tune upgrade on '11-'12?

EvilSnake

Established Member
I am interested to hear how big of a difference 2010-2012 owners noticed after doing a pulley and tune upgrade on their cars. I don't care if its a Lund, VMP or whoever tune. Assuming the gains are somewhere around 60 or 70hp, I'd like to know how evident the change in power is.

Of course owners of the 2007-2009 GT500's will have noticed a bigger difference due to the fact that their pulley/tune upgrade achieves more power so their opinions are not valid on this topic. Sorry! :beer:

cjgt500

Established Member
Very noticable..around 50-60rwhp. Call Van and get the 2.5" pulley with Lund tune and the rwhp will be north of that.

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
A very noticable gain. I went from 476 471 to 530 514 with pulley, tune, and xpipe.
The car pulls really hard through the entire rpm range, great bang for your buck.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Here is my dyno from stock, to upper/idler and custom tune.

Can't wait to see what I make with my new setup in a week or two. Oh dyno fun :)

steveupperdyno.jpg

Last edited:

Crushinator

Established Member
I never had my '11 dyno'd but there was a very very noticeable difference. Going from 9lbs of boost stock, to 13 or 14lbs, you can really feel it in your stomach when it's accelerating. It's 100% worth the money. I just ordered a 2.5" pulley for my '12. It's addicting.

EvilSnake

Established Member
I have a 2.5" and VMP tune sitting on the table... just waiting for some decent weather to do the install. Thanx for the responses... I was just wondering because so many people say that its a night and day change for the car but I had to wonder if that was because they had a 07-09 GT500 and the gains are a fair amount more than the '10-'12.

2Sharpie

Established Member
I did the VMP 2.59 on my 2010.....don't know what the pre-mod #'s were, but with pulley, non-aggressive tune and headers I ended up with 552/556. To me it was an absolute world of difference - couldn't be happier.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I did the tune first and noticed a difference in top end pull. Then did the pulley and the car had more low end grunt, broke the tires loose easier. It will be a noticable difference especially for the money but it won't make you crap your pants. That will take a KB or whipple.

Users who are viewing this thread