How Big

Shinigami23

Established Member
So I have a few questions. Firstly I own a 2002 Mustang GT and I am currently running 19x8.5 up front and 19x10.5 out back. I have 13" rotors in the front. First question is this. Sticking with 19s how wide a wheel can I go up front and out back before I start rubbing? I want to go wider up front and out back with some new wheels but I don't know what the limits are. I know this depends on a lot of different variables, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Second question is how big of a tire can I run with my current setup in the front and the back? The third question will depend on the answer to the first.

Thanks

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
You are already pushing the limits before you need to start worrying about tire rub. On 17 and 18 inch wheels, you don't want to go wider than 9 wide up front and 10.5-11 in the rear depending on tire size.

As far as tires, again on the smaller wheel diameters, 275 wide up front and 305-315 in the rear is safe before you start rubbing.

Backspacing makes a big difference. I haven't seen many people run 19's, but depending on the aspect ratio and backspacing you may be able to run the same width tires.

saucey1986

Im running a 20x11 with a 305/30/20 in the rear and a 20x9 front with a 275/30/20 for the front. Coming from the import world so i do believe in having any wheel gap. the rear is tight fitment. I removed the rear quads and and brackets for more space and super rolled :pepper: the fenders takes time tho. also on a k member for the front as well to.

Last edited:

Shinigami23

Established Member
Ok that gives me a better idea. I am wanting to go to at least 305s in the rear and I would like to upsize the wheel width to 11 instead of 10.5 but just wasn't sure how big I could go until it started to rub

nileppezdel77

Established Member
With tubular A arms and coilovers, you can go up to 10in wide wheels, but not further than 295 width wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread