How can I wire up the traction control button (cwp)?

qurtrn10

Established Member
Before anyone gets off on a tangent, I want to make it clear - I am not looking to add traction control to my Focus

My '03 SVTF did not come with the cold weather package, but I've installed the EAP Recaros, and the heated switches to make them functional. I'm swapping out the console for the one that came with the cold weather package, so I'm left with a third button that won't be lit up like the other two next to it.

I pulled my original console off, and there is wiring for the seat heater switches, but I didn't see any plug for the TC switch:
2011-01-16_14-26-10_944.gif

2011-01-16_14-26-33_371.gif

Either A) the plug is there, but somehow hidden underneath the module or carpet, 2) there's a small wiring harness I need to connect the switch to some other plug in the wiring harness, or D) there's a module of some sort that the TC switch plug connects to.

My question is two-fold:
1) If I only want the switch to light up when the lights come on (like the heated seats do, how would I do it? (I imagine just splicing a wire or two from the heated switch over to the TC switch), and
B) If I wanted to use all original Ford wiring to not only connect the switch, but connect it to the dash so that when I press it, it turns the light on in the cluster for TC OFF, how many parts would that take? (Again, I don't want the TC to work, but to have a fully functioning switch would be nice)

Thanks!
William

Users who are viewing this thread