-09cc
-11cc
-17cc
-18cc
which one is good for boost over 17lb:shrug:
please i need your help.cause i will rebuiled me engine.:eek:

tony281sc2

Established Member
A 17-18cc dish would be better for a lot of boost. It'll give the motor about an 8.5 Compression ratio (same as stock). An 11cc dish would make something like a 9.5 C/R which would be too high too run pump gas with a lot of boost.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
17 or 18cc is the way to go in high boost applications. If you haven't made up your mind on a brand yet, make sure you look at Diamond Racing pistons. I've done a few motors over the years and Diamond was the best quality and best support after the sale, I have ever dealt with. The pistons were flawless and I am SUPER picky when building engines. If everything is not 100% perfect I am sending it all back, something I did twice with Manley and TRW. CP also makes a top notch product, but I don't know too much about their customer service.

Yellow cobra

Established Member
good & thanks gyes
put low compression17cc will be low horse power,put is it the 17lb would be ahigh boost?
What do you think if i incresd the compression (11cc) i think i will have more horse & fast engine bye bye.
and my JE's which are melted it was good pistons.
Are the daimond pistones will survive with the supercharger heat.

What about this number 3.580 in. is it bigger then 20 over bore ?

Last edited:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Yellow cobra said:
good & thanks gyes
put low compression17cc will be low horse power,put is it the 17lb would be ahigh boost?
What do you think if i incresd the compression (11cc) i think i will have more horse & fast engine bye bye.
and my JE's which are melted it was good pistons.
Are the daimond pistones will survive with the supercharger heat.

What about this number 3.580 in. is it bigger then 20 over bore ?

Dude, I hope you get the answers you're looking for, but whats with the spelling and grammer??? Don't ey unersand wat yoare say?:poke:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
firemanmike said:
Dude, I hope you get the answers you're looking for, but whats with the spelling and grammer??? Don't ey unersand wat yoare say?:poke:
+1 Wow I haven't seen spelling or sentence structure that bad in a long time. You need to write a but more clearly so we can help answer your questions.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I don't think he's in America boys. Let's not be total pricks now, after all, not every country speaks English. His "Location" says Qatar which is bordered by Saudi Arabia to the south; otherwise the Persian Gulf surrounds the state. So, the fact that he is speaking any English at all is a pretty cool. I sure a as 5hit can't speak a lick of Arabic.

Yellow Cobra, I think what you are asking is if you would get more horse power out of 11cc pistons (higher compression) and less boost.
I would say no. If you plan on running anything over 10# of boost, the 11cc dish is going to create too much compression. You would need VERY high octane fuel to resist detonation with compression that high and the added heat that the boost pressure will create.
You have to decide what you want. If you want to run high boost #'s, you need to keep the compression lower, unless you have a never ending supply of cheap 116 octane fuel. If you run the larger dish, you'll be able to get more boost (ie. more air) into the engine with less heat, which in turn will create more power.

If you melted JE pistons, I would venture to say that you tune was off. JE makes a good product too. There is no piston on the market that will hold up to endless detonation. Make sure the air / fuel ratio is in check and that your not running the car lean. What kind of fuel mods do you have?

Last edited:

Yellow cobra

Established Member
english is not my main language, so i am poor in my main language too.cause this is a computer key boared.

just try to go throgh.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread