How did the 2015 F150 not get truck of the year?

Panic661

Established Member
I just test drove a '15 Platinum FX4, I LOVED everything about it - except for the $61,000 price tag.

That truck is amazing. However it still weighed 4,900 lbs in Supercrew form. That truck is awesome though, I can't wait to see the 2016 Raptor next week.

Dear lord that pricetag. Guess that's why I'll stick with my lowly ecoboost '13 supercrew.

dan_dmg_gt01

Established Member
I just test drove a '15 Platinum FX4, I LOVED everything about it - except for the $61,000 price tag.

That truck is amazing. However it still weighed 4,900 lbs in Supercrew form. That truck is awesome though, I can't wait to see the 2016 Raptor next week.

Yeah, I can only imagine how badass its going to be.

Woody6799

Established Member
Gas motors are 59.99 at the dealer every 3-5k.

I know very few people that still do 3-5k oil changes. Most of the people around me run a synthetic and push 10k between changes. I have been running this in my explorer for the last 80K or so. Hell, my dad runs conventional in his civic and only goes by the factory recommended oil life for changes and he still gets over 7k...

siLversLeigh

Established Member
I've owned 5 f150s, 1 gmc and this is my first dodge. One of the fords has 379k miles on it when I sold it. I had a tree service so it was worked like a truck daily. So far the ram has been my favorite. Of course this is jmo.

Also motor trend lost all credibility with the Ridgeline.

Ponyracer1

Established Member
I guess I'm just bias to diesels, but your really doing yourself a disservice if you've never spent any time in one. Hell I drove a new '10 F350 diesel from florida to Wisconsin and drove it around for a month, that thing was a BEAST. Yes the newer trucks with the EPA bs has hurt them, however with that said I'd still buy one and do the deletes without hesitation. As far as the new eco diesels, a guy at work got the first one shipped to Alaska and he loves it. I rode in it and they are pretty nice. I'd have to give them another yr to see some long term real world reviews about reliability before I stepped into one though.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Um huh? I bought a 07 Ram 5.9 cummins and drove it for 125k before I sold it. Real world maintenance costs don't pan out. Yes its $100 for an oil change at the dealer, 11 quarts=12k between normal driving services iirc. Gas motors are 59.99 at the dealer every 3-5k. Less sure reliability? Please don't even try to claim a gas motor is more reliable. Truck vs truck, yes but you cannot compare a gas truck to a diesel. I'd drive a diesel any day of the week over a gas truck. They are 2 completely different animals. Power, torque, economy, basically everything but price the diesel wins hands down.

I was at a gas station in florida filling up my ram, there was a retired gentleman filling a 5.4 lariat F150 next to me. He kept looking at me and I knew he was going to say something. He starts out with the "what kinda mileage you get outa that thing?" I replied 18 in town and 22 on the freeway with a best of 24.5 hand calculated. He about shit. "Best I ever got out of this thing was 16, when I pull my golf cart on my trailer I get around 12 mpg!" I figured I'd finish ruining his day, so I told him a few weeks ago I drove to New Orleans to pick up my jeep from the port. 32' gooseneck trailer, 7K empty, 5K jeep, 12k lbs in tow, running behind so I pushed it on the way home, 75-80 mph, got 12 mpg still. I thought the old feller was gonna stroke out right there lol.

My next truck will be a common rail 5.9 in a 08+ superduty. 2nd choice will be a 02 superduty with a 7.3.

I have a 2012 Ram 2500 with the Cummins 6.7.. and while the engine is VERY reliable, the emissions are it's Achilles heel.. I'm always getting a check engine light for them, be it O2 sensors, and now it's the exhaust pressure sensors.. (these are common items that cause trouble with the Ram pickups)..

Users who are viewing this thread