How difficult is it to sell a '93 Cobra???

Brian97vobra

Established Member
I'm seriously thinking about getting a '93 Cobra, teal w/ grey cloth and no sunroof if you know of one;-) . But i'm sorta worried about what will happen when i want to sell it...
Seeing as how the avg price is between $10-12k i'm assuming that most banks won't loan out that much money for a '93. So i'd think that most of the buyers will have to come up with that much $$$ upfront and out of pocket. And i know most people don't have that kind of money just sitting in their bank.
So how was your experience if you tried to sell one?:shrug:

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Most bank will loan an amount equal to or less than the kellty blue book suggested retail value. My bank was willing to loan me around $11K (kbb value) when I got my Cobra last october. I didn't take out even half of that amount but they would have let me.

Last edited:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Exactly how you're thinking. Most banks will only cover somewhere what KBB lists. The rest will have to be a signature loan or something else.
How many miles does it have?

Brian97vobra

Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
Exactly how you're thinking. Most banks will only cover somewhere what KBB lists. The rest will have to be a signature loan or something else.
How many miles does it have?

I haven't found one yet. I'm looking for one with under 75k miles though.
Didn't you have one for sale? I thought i remembered seeing it in your sig...

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Well its as simply as finding the right buyer, and selling the right price. Most people looking to buy one want an exact color, and possibly even an interior color. Thats 9 possibilities right there. Some may disagree, but I see about 4 catageries of 93 Cobras after the basic options. They are either...

1. Showroom stock, with low miles
2. Near stock, damn clean, and it has some miles(40-80K maybe?)
3. High mileage(possible dings/dents/paint work), some things not working such as AC, and some or many mods.
4. Drag setup: H/C/I/blower/nitrous putting out 450+rwhp.

I believe my math is correct in saying that puts 93 Cobras in about 36 different categories! :eek: All you got to do is price it accordingly, and find the buyer then. :)

Last edited:

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Valid concern. I am pretty sure if I ever sell mine, I have to find the right buyer and he will have to have some cash!

scootro

Established Member
Brian97vobra said:
i'm assuming that most banks won't loan out that much money for a '93. So i'd think that most of the buyers will have to come up with that much $$$ upfront and out of pocket.

i had to put my lightnings title up at the bank to get my loan for my cobra

i paid half cash and half with a bank check.......

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
03silversvt said:
Do tou realize how much interest you will pay at the end dude? Thats insane.
Not always. My credit cards have a lower interests rate than a signature loan.

big frank

Stang Freak
Established Member
03silversvt said:
Do tou realize how much interest you will pay at the end dude? Thats insane.

I bought my Shelby on a credit card ($15K). I have a 3.99% interest rate on it for the life of the loan.

stangbear427

Established Member
That's what it was. Apparently, they didn't think I was using the card enough, so they mailed me a convenience check with 3.99% for the life of the loan. I took it to the bank and cashed it for $10,000. And bought a Cobra. Simple.

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
big frank said:
I bought my Shelby on a credit card ($15K). I have a 3.99% interest rate on it for the life of the loan.

I did this when I bought my 85 GT 5 years ago. It's long since been paid for but there's not a bank out there that would even loan money on a car that old and if they did the interest rate would be at least triple that. It's not a problem if your disciplined to pay on it. But, if you're not disciplined with money that's not a good idea.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
When I bought my last '93 cobra, my '03 was paid off, so I financed $15k on the title to the '03. I paid $10,500 for the '93 and dropped about $5k into it (Turbo, 5 lug, 18's, etc). I've since sold it, but am within a couple weeks of possibly buying it back.

Users who are viewing this thread