How do I check whether my tranny's a T-45 or 3650 in my '01,just installed pro 5.0 ??

OzLightning

Established Member
Yet another install question...must be my week!

After reading the literature from Ford Australia, they would have me believe my Aussie '01's meant to have the T-45 trans in it. However, after specifically requesting a T-45 model Pro 5.0 , Brothers Performance took it upon themselves to send me a 3650 model. So my mechanic decided to see if it would fit and reckoned either the trans would have some identifying marking somewhere to say which one it is or it wouldn't fit. Well it fit and he couldn't see anything on the trans to confirm the model. The only thing he noticed with the shifter was that it would occasions come out the gate in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Is this perhaps a sign that I've got the wrong unit? I literally haven't had more than a drive around the block yet to see for myself. It did feel alright during that quick drive though (massively better than stock!).

Any light that could be shed here would be appreciated!

Andrew

:)

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
if you DID have a TR3650 shifter in a T45, the knob on the bottom of the shifter wouldn't be seated all the way down in the pocket on the the shifter rail in the tranny, possibly causing it to pop out of gear......

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
There is a sticker and a metal tag on the right side of the trans that will have a serial number and say TR-3650 if it is in fact a 3650. If it is popping out of gear, maybe the stop screws are not adjusted correctly. My friend installed the wrong shifter in his '01 and it was stuck in first gear and would not come out. Good luck!

-Rick

OzLightning

Established Member
Well looks like I may have the wrong shifter. I drove the car this morning to take it to the detailers to get some paint protection done and made it to their driveway only to have it the gear stick competely pop out of the gate and get stuck in 2nd. So I'm sending my mechanic down there to check it out. Thanks for the IDing info I'll have him look for those markings on the tranny.

I gotta say this is exactly the kind of thing that gets my blood boiling. You order the right part, they take it upon themselves to make out that you ordered the wrong part and send you a different unit. Then your stuck with 4 days till Christmas, your mechanic has closed shop for the holidays, you have little chance in getting a replacement inside a week. Put that on top of the fact it's summer downunder and you're on holidays...:gt:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread