how do I delete the pvc on a whipple 2.3L

onebadf150

Established Member
What needs to be caped off in the rear of the manifold and how do I do it? any pics?

Besides that do I leave the pvc in and run a breather or do you replace the pvc with something else? On the driver's side do I just run another breather and cap off the port in the inlet pipe?

Is there anything else to doing this mod ?

thanks

Nick

Last edited:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
i hate breathers...they always end up mucking things up by weeping oil all over. i just use a catch can and cal it a day. I dont know how it would work on a whipple but DMR has an oil sep unit that drains back into the valve cover. Ive been using mine for a while and its been a dream.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Whats the reason for the PCV delete? If your just doing it for oil on the intercooler why not just install a catch can like mike suggested?

onebadf150

Established Member
that sounds good, I probably will just run some fuel line from each valve cover and vent into the atmosphere i don't like breathers either it was just easy to type to get the point across. I running an L&S oil separator now but I want to stop the drivers side valve cover from venting into my intake it gets to be an oily mess.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
that sounds good, I probably will just run some fuel line from each valve cover and vent into the atmosphere i don't like breathers either it was just easy to type to get the point across. I running an L&S oil separator now but I want to stop the drivers side valve cover from venting into my intake it gets to be an oily mess.

then something is wrong.
I have a DMR setup and havent had one bit of oil in my intake since that thing has went on.

onebadf150

Established Member
then something is wrong.
I have a DMR setup and havent had one bit of oil in my intake since that thing has went on.

I guessing the DMR setup ties in the drivers side valve cover and the pvc ?? that's cool If it does I didn't know that.

thanks for the insight :thumbsup:

Nick

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
nope it doesnt...

I run DMR can with the original maintfree setup and no oil in my intake either

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
I guessing the DMR setup ties in the drivers side valve cover and the pvc ?? that's cool If it does I didn't know that.

thanks for the insight :thumbsup:

Nick

nope. only the passenger side is to be worried about. the drivers side is under vacuum when under boost if i remember right.
but either way...ive had nothing come thru since ive been running this setup.
the only real "maintenance" i have to deal with is me rinsing out the packing in my DMR unit with carb cleaner every now and again. does it have to be done? nope. But am i a nazi bout things? yup

ecoastkid

Established Member
no oil should come out of the driverside as thats where it draws air in... Are you sure the L&S seperator isnt clogged or something?

Users who are viewing this thread