how do I find out my delivery date?

islandmon

Established Member
I ordered an 03 Torch Red vert on 2-28-2002 from Autoway Ford in St. Pete, Florida. As of June 9, they said they still don't have a VIN and I may be looking at early August for delivery! I don't think these people have a clue. I've noticed some terminology on a few of the threads such as " I called the VOPC " Can anyone here help?

PS - Do the guy with the Porsche - They are great cars, I have had four including two Turbos. It is very difficult to compare a Cobra with the 993 model Porsches - they are simply two very different driving experiences. I expect my 03 Cobra driving experience will be similar to my first Turbo Porsche, a 79 3.3L European Turbo, that was fast as stink but had some handling limitations. Also - no production car has better steering and driver feedback than a Porsche, but for the $ 40,000 difference, I think I'll enjoy the Cobra just fine.

B

blown03cobra

search for VOPC,,, read threads around here and it will tell you......

islandmon

Established Member
Production delays

Thanks to all that replied for the help!
I went to the dealership this afternoon. They had been monitoring the progress of their cars by computer only so I got them to call VOPC and found out my car has been on a "Material Hold" and will not be scheduled for production for another week or so. There seems to be a problem with supply or quality for the Torch Red color.

Users who are viewing this thread