How do i get the yellow road paint off???

mers1083

Established Member
So when i waslked outside to my jeep this morning i had yellow road paint on the bottum side skirts. I guess last night when i was driving i drove on some wet paint. Any trickets? will a pwoer washer do the trick?

Thanks

chrisweekspc

Established Member
mers1083 said:
So when i waslked outside to my jeep this morning i had yellow road paint on the bottum side skirts. I guess last night when i was driving i drove on some wet paint. Any trickets? will a pwoer washer do the trick?

Thanks

Is the yellow paint on the trim of the car, or actually on the paint?

If it's on the paint. you can use lacquer thinner to rub it off. Just make sure to wax over the area w/ wax once you have used lacquer on it.

- Chris

mers1083

Established Member
I got it off already. It was on the plastic along the bottum. I used my power washer. 2500 psi and it came off. Thankgod. the last thing i wanted to be doing was scrubbing my jeep. Its lucky if it gets a car wash.

thanks again

Juiced-03

Established Member
lol, Jeeps weren't meant to be washed anyway :D (well, the Wranglers were meant to be hosed down on the inside on occassion lol).

Glad you got it off though. I probably would have used some Clearkote Vanilla Moose with a scrubber sponge. It's very gentle and usually removes scuffs, paint, and tar from plastics.

'00 L HatesRice

Established Member
You can make the city/county pay for the cleaning if this ever happens and you can't get it off. This has happened to 2 of my friends. One got a free paint job out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread