How do trades work??

mystic'04cobra

Established Member
I have a 07 Jeep srt-8. I would like to trade for a 03-04 whippled cobra. I don't know how to go about or how it works can someone help me out please. E-mail me [email protected] or write me please. Thank you for time.

SHOLANDO

Established Member
Dealership or private party? Simple if it's a dealer, they do all the work. If it's a local/private party sale, go to you local DMV and ask how to perform the trade. It depends what the value of you car is vs the Cobra. You should only have to pay tax on the difference if the Cobra is valued more then the SRT-8. Then you'll have to pay transfer fee and any tag renewal if applicable.

98mdsnake

Established Member
If you have a lien on the Jeep and or the Cobra the lien has to be paid off/satisfied first before titles can change hands. Other wise if both vehicles are paid for just sign the titles and swap cars. At least thats how it would work in Maryland.

Smoked SVT

Established Member
I actually did a very similar trade for my cobra. I had a 2001 GC lmtd that I wanted $10,500 for, the cobra was $15,500. My bank got in touch with his bank and they did all the paper work and gave it to me along with the difference of the vehicles. Then after 6 hours of driving I handed the keys and the cashiers check over to him and drove my new cobra home. My bank was very helpful and did most of the leg work with his bank. Talk to your bank and see what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread