How do you carry your weapon concealed?

Fran

Established Member
Applying for my georgia firearms license this week. How do you carry concealed? Inside/outside with big shirts, open carry, holster types? Any pictures of your setup would be appreciated along with your opinions on comfort or how uncomfortable it is. I am leaning toward the Ruger SR9 (Depending on how the recall works out),SA XD line of pistols or a glock. Any input on them would be appreciated also.

Thanks

stanger133

From my cold dead hands!
Established Member
I am not in Georga so I don't know what it would be like to open carry down there, but I open carry here and no problems. In fact people treat me with a lot more respect when I do. Open carry is not for everybody, though. Check out web sites like www.glocktalk.com just to name one to get some good info. An IWB holster will be a great choice to cc.

Fran

Established Member
carrying it open will attract alot of attention that you really dont want. Big button down shirts work well.

I have thought about that. From reading ALOT at opencarry.org some members there really like it from a comfort standpoint and during the hot summer months. I think I would be very nervous about it. Where I live in SE Georgia I have never seen it done.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
loose clothing, relatively small gun, close or tight fitting holster. Location Location Location. Decide if you will need a fast draw or stealthy pull. Lower back or under arm seem to be the locations of choice for hiding. the hip is normally for protective services, military or LEOs.

stanger133

From my cold dead hands!
Established Member
I have thought about that. From reading ALOT at opencarry.org some members there really like it from a comfort standpoint and during the hot summer months. I think I would be very nervous about it. Where I live in SE Georgia I have never seen it done.

I'm on OCDO, too. I can't tell you which may be more comfortable, but OC is very comfortable and easy. I was very nevous the first time I did it, but now I'm fine with it. I have never seen it done in my state before, but now we have a group that gets together and lets the people know that there are good people with guns that are not LEO's.

Fran

Established Member
I'm on OCDO, too. I can't tell you which may be more comfortable, but OC is very comfortable and easy. I was very nevous the first time I did it, but now I'm fine with it. I have never seen it done in my state before, but now we have a group that gets together and lets the people know that there are good people with guns that are not LEO's.

Thats great to have a group of people in your area interested in OC.

BlownNstrokeD

Established Member
I carry a PM9 Kahr. Its very easy to conceal and small. I got an inside the pants holster for it and you can't even tell its there. Only downside is that it only holds 7 rounds with 1 chambered. But other than that its a great concealed weapon.

G:342

Just here for the ride.
Established Member
Waist holster under my shirt, goes on my belt. Came with my USP .45. Very comfortable to wear.

Fran

Established Member
My friend took me shooting recently and he had a pocket pistol. Did not like the feel, way to small. My shooting experience is from the military where I qualified with the 1911 and M9. Shooting something that small felt very akward.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
I carry a PM9 Kahr. Its very easy to conceal and small. I got an inside the pants holster for it and you can't even tell its there. Only downside is that it only holds 7 rounds with 1 chambered. But other than that its a great concealed weapon.

i love that gun..been looking at getting a PM40..

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I dont carry because I don't have my CC permit yet. I have a XD40 sub compact and love it. It comes with a small clip then an extended clip that hold 12. Shoots great and is reliable.

txyaloo

Established Member
Depends on what I'm wearing. If I'm wearing pants that will support it, or if I'm going to be fairly active, I'll use an IWB holster in the small of my back. Other times, I'll just use a clip draw.

Disintegr8or

Established Member
I keester my Glock26, it takes too long to draw though. I think I need to find a better alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread