How do you fix the driver's side window when it gets stuck??

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Did you really slam the door? I had to slam the sh*t outta mine then it worked again and I haven't had a problem since.

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
I'd try this first... key on, hit the door in the area of the motor while holding the switch down..

If that doesn't work, you can take the door apart to wack the motor harder with your fist.

step 2., there is a clip underneath and if you just pull up on the console, you may crack the plastic in the area of the clip. I used a flatblade scresdriver and carefully, pryed upward in the area of the clip and it popped out without further damage (plastic was already cracked around the clip)

3. disconnect and unscrew console and set aside

After you do all the steps, you can pull the door panel off. Becareful and don't bust the tabs off the panel. The clips at the bottom, you can try and pull back the panel with your fingers and reach your hand up, feel around for each clip and push upwards and then out to get it to unhook with minimum pressure on the clip. There are something like 6 clips on the bottom. I don't remember how the side is clipped on. Once the bottom is unclipped, you should be able to pull the top of the panel upwards to unhook the top.

If you still have warranty and the motor is messing up in a badway, you might want to take it in for a new motor. I heard they are about $200.

p.s. I have a bad memory and remember things wrong, good luck

Before_Door.jpg

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
and there's a christmas tree on the back of the panel behind the speaker

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I have fixed a lot of these intermittant window issues (on several different brands) by replacing the motor. It seems to be a contact issue. And yes...heat can cause it by expanding things enough to lose contact inside the motor.

Users who are viewing this thread