How do you guys feel about gun companys not selling to LEO's?

Should LE be restricted to the same laws as civilians

• yes

Votes: 125 79.6%
  • no

Votes: 32 20.4%

• Total voters

blackvette101

Established Member
I was having dinner with a few of my LEO buddies and the topic of gun control came up and companies not selling to LE. At first it was small little crap companies like olympic arms. But then you have elite companies like wilson combat, larue and barrett restricting LE sales. And we are starting to see some of the big boys like beretta and magpul are becoming political with their products.

I found my buddies were pretty split on this matter. Some were very upset saying that it compromises their safety. (1 was just pissed that he was transferring to NYS and he wouldn't be able to get mags for his wilson 1911) But my buddy thats with the sheriff was all for and he believed that we should all be able to defend ourselves equally. So that interested me to ask your opinions on the matter.

Anyways so my questions are. How do you feel about gun companies applying the same laws to LE as they do to civilians? Do these things effect your safety and how you do your job or would you switch to a different firearm? What will you guys do if this trend in the firearms industry continues to grow to the point where most firearm companies restrict LE sales? (I first thought something like that would never happen but i looked at the numbers and LE sales stand as about 1-3% of all US gun sales and my sheriff buddy told me they give the departments the guns at almost cost.)

DarkMach1

Established Member
Nothing personal to LE, but I'm damn glad the companies are putting their foot down.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
when we get invaded, and our military is over run. our last line of defense will be the civil service.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
Purely political move by these equipment manufacturers. Hopefully, they will increase efforts to ensure the criminal element faces the same restrictions...

When I began my law enforcement career, I was issued a revolver and shotgun. I think I'll get by...

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Purely political move by these equipment manufacturers. Hopefully, they will increase efforts to ensure the criminal element faces the same restrictions...

When I began my law enforcement career, I was issued a revolver and shotgun. I think I'll get by...

Agreed - besides, I've never bought a gun from a manufacturer. I've bought dozens upon dozens from local gun shops who will still honor my department's letterhead.

Ditty

Established Member
How many crime in progress calls, were you as a citizen, dispatched to last year?

Not to be a dick, but of ALL of the crime in progress calls that YOU were dispatched to, how many did you show up while the crime was still in progress?

(A loose ratio is fine for an answer.)

Last edited:

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
Not to be a dick, but of ALL of the crime in progress calls that YOU were dispatched to, how many did you show up while the crime was still in progress?

Quite a few, actually; however, you are missing my point completely.

As a law enforcement officer, I am required to respond to calls from citizens in distress... Non-law enforcement officers are not. When part of your job description dictates otherwise, then we will talk.

Ditty

Established Member
Or, since I am a citizen, the crimes are being committed against myself and other citizens. We are the frist line of defense. Police Officers second. I'm not attacking you personally, it's just that, in MAYBE half of all crimes that are reported, the police don't arrive for minutes at the best, when most violent crimes occur w/in seconds. And as a Military Veteran, I feel like my job description dictates my, and all other citizens' rights to keep and bear arms, of any type they choose to keep.

musclefan21

Established Member

I can tell you think not a lot of them. Where did you get your statistics? Do you work with him? I am just curious.

Machdup1

Established Member
when we get invaded, and our military is over run. our last line of defense will be the civil service.

Actually no, the last line of defense will be a citizen with a gun; however, LE will be actively engaged early on in the crisis like they always do.

With that said, punishing LE for the act of their states legislature is outrageous. It presumes that law enforcement has some level of control or even influence over the decisions made and that LE doesn't exist for the betterment of society.

It is a foolish and factually flawed argument put forward by people who have not thought the situation through.

For example, if the gun manufactuers corporate office gets robbed in the middle of the night or if their is a hostage situation in their building, I bet the same people who decided not to sell their guns to LE call LE for help.

motoman991

Banned
Actually no, the last line of defense will be a citizen with a gun; however, LE will be actively engaged early on in the crisis like they always do.

With that said, punishing LE for the act of their states legislature is outrageous. It presumes that law enforcement has some level of control or even influence over the decisions made and that LE doesn't exist for the betterment of society.

It is a foolish and factually flawed argument put forward by people who have not thought the situation through.

For example, if the gun manufactuers corporate office gets robbed in the middle of the night or if their is a hostage situation in their building, I bet the same people who decided not to sell their guns to LE call LE for help.

Those manufactures are still forced to pay for the LE.

Users who are viewing this thread