• Black interior

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Leave the interior grey

Votes: 22 75.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

93_SVT_FREAK

Established Member
How do you guys feel about changing the color of the interior on a 93 Cobra from grey to black?

I have a 93 GT with mint black interior and would like to put it in a Cobra with factory grey interior.

Should I do the swap or just leave it grey? Would it hurt the value any?

Thanks,

Last edited:

1slohawk

Established Member
I would say value wise it will hurt the car to a collector, but if you want black interior then go for it

SVT1993

Established Member
Well of course when someone looks at the door sticker (if you intend to sell it or show it) it will have the wrong code. Other than that, it's up to you. I'm assuming you have the grey cloth interior now. I don't know if the Cobra black cloth interior is the same as the GT, but if it is, that would be cool. You still would have to change out the door panels though.

Is the condition of the grey that bad? There was some fabric listed for sale a week or so ago. If you can, in my opinion, I would leave it the stock color.

buddha93

Established Member
I'm voting for leaving it stock too. Fords black interior cloth never looked that good to me.....it always kinda looked dirty or something. It's really up to you......I've seen and heard of a lot worse things you could do to a Mustang/Cobra.......LOL! If you do change it all out, I'd at least keep the gray stuff if you ever sell.

badvenm

Established Member
I say it hurts the value badly, Most people that pay the kind of money these older cars bring want a close to original as possible. An interior change is no small job and not only would most people not want to mess with putting back to stock, no grey interior they ever put back in would original. I think its way worse than a new job and lots of people won't buy a car that has been painted. To each his own though, if you don't care about losing money and your going to keep the car I'd say do it, It will just be one more 93 out their toyed with that will make mine worth even more.

SVT1993

Established Member
93_SVT_FREAK said:
Can you still buy grey leather kits for the seats anywhere?
I'm not sure if you can buy leather seat covers anymore, but you can have yours redone in leather to match originals very closely.

Are your originals leather or cloth?

SVT1993

Established Member
If the seat are the only thing wrong, you would be way far ahead to just have a GOOD upholstery shop do them. You still have the originals to match the new material and pattern to.

PJM99

Established Member
I personally like the grey interior better than the black.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
The real question is would you be willing to change out the dash ? The rest is very easy to do.

I personally would leave it stock, as stated before it will drop the value a ton.

Heres a good thought for ya, try getting a set of 03/04 Cobra seats which are black and grey swade already. Then have the rear seat redone with the original cover. This not my car but its newer 03/04 cobra seats in a Cobra, the car belongs to Naja on this site.
2004seats003.gif

newnew011.gif

This a pic of my interior all stock !
im0014659nl.jpg

93_SVT_FREAK

Established Member
Looks good, I have had the dash out of many of my Mustangs so it's easy for me now.

I just like black cloth better then grey leather. I do want to keep the Cobra like it was from the factory though.

JKD

Banned
I personally never plan to sell my Cobra. I will mod it as I see fit, but I will not do anything that I cannot reverse. It's your car, do what you like but keep the big picture in mind of what your plans are with your car.

Users who are viewing this thread