How do you keep the rear quarters protected from road debris??

EvanStang

the "Hit Man"
Established Member
Is there a heavy wax or something that you guys use on your rear quarters to protect from road debris? I have an 03 Cobra and I have Nitto Drag tires that pick up all sorts of sand, small rocks and so forth.... Is there any hard protectant that you guys are using on your rears behind the wheels to protect against chips and so forth? The only thing that I know of right now is a clear bra for that area....

Let me know what you guys are using and how it works.... I just feel like that area is getting beat on on a daily basis and I want to make sure it's protected..

danponjican

Established Member
I don't think there is a wax or sealant that will protect the paint from small racks and other hard debris being flung on to the paint by soft tires. You best bet is a small scrap piece of clear bra, which I might say is a great idea!

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Clear Bra is the only sure fire protection from road rash.

For temporary but effective results...3M Painters/Masking tape.

EvanStang

the "Hit Man"
Established Member
can you buy that 3m by the sheet at any local stores? I didn't see a rear quarter panel offered as a kit.... going to have to make one...

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Check with one of your larger, more upscale body shops. They usually will have it in big single/uncut sheets. May or may not be 3M though.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I know many people are not fans of muds flaps but I think LMR had set that just slipped on your car and slipped back off. I thought they would be great while going to a car show or event and then pop them off. They were the first company I ever saw that had items like that. Not even Ford sells them.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Scott P said:
There are several companies out there (Rockblocker comes to mind) that carries custom-cut clear material for the rear fender area.

I was thinking of the same type of thing. I have the Xpel sheets on my front & rear fender lips. They dont cover everything but they help a lot. I have a 403RWHP Black COBRA & it's driven on decent California roads but as you know, the back wheels are constanty sand blasting that area behind the big rear tires... :(

This should help out alot... ! :beer:

http://www.xpel.com/

Users who are viewing this thread