2003 Lightning

ford.f150.lightning.eng.500.jpg

Rwick7

Established Member
2005 Lightning concept

I don't see that making it to production...but I hope to hell it does. :beer:

03rocks

Established Member
If it makes power I like it. Looks like it would fit pretty well with our hood vents.

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by 03rocks
If it makes power I like it. Looks like it would fit pretty well with our hood vents.

I see two problems with this...

1st) The way our hood vent was design, air is not forced into the engine. Rather air is induce out of the engine. Kind of like an airplane wing. When the car is traveling at higher speeds, air will flow over the vents faster towards the top vs. the bottom. This will create a higher pressure on top and lower pressure on the bottom side of the hood = sucking the hot air out. I'm no areodynamic engineering (or whatever), but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to recognize such design. Correct me if I'm wrong, however.

2nd) We'd need a new hood design to force air into those intake. If we were able to get such, what about rain? I guess that means some of us won't be driving in the rain.

A CAI in the fendor with a tubing to the fog light run up to where the filter is does a similar job and allows for driving in the rain -- althought not as efficient as the above.

Users who are viewing this thread