• Softy

Votes: 25 43.9%
  • 4r70w lol

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

Auto

Established Member
What's up everyone?

So, I just had my clutch rebuilt in my 01 cobra, all things stock... I've only driven it like 30 miles and I absolutely hate it. It is so soft, that I think I have a hole in my floor board now :(

Before I had it rebuilt, due to a TO bearing crapping on me, it was firm and I liked it. It was like I had COMPLETE control of my car. Now it's like a f@#$ing Honda Civic... grrrrrr!!!!

So my question to you, do you prefer stiff or soft clutch?

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Mine is pretty soft even after adjusting it. Lately first gear has a grind to it. Some days it does not do it at all. Other days it does it all day long. Reverse goes in smoothly as do other gears. Not sure what is going on, will ride it until i have to drop the transmission. I dont believe its the clutch.

jfsram

Established Member
You are not used to it. If it doesn't slip then it's enough clutch for the job. Softer is better.

Please explain in simple terms why a clutch needs to be harder to push than necessary.

REPCobra10

Established Member
Personally, I miss my '04 Cobra's heavy, stiff clutch, but now I have to deal with my '12 GT's light, soft clutch...:(

:lol1:

Both cars were/are a lot of fun though, so it's all good...:beer:

Last edited:

va boy

Established Member
I replaced my stiff factory 03 Cobra clutch with a McLeod twin disc. The McLeod is super soft and holds a ton of power, I'd never go back to that stiff factory clutch, ever!

98v8

Established Member
Id like somewhere in the middle. My mustang feels a little stiff. But my 240 doesn't feel like anything when i push it down so not to stiff and not to soft i guess

coposrv

Established Member
I have a velero 03-04 clutch. Its a little stiff but not terrible. I want a lighter clutch but still want to feel it.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
A firm clutch doesn't bother me at all, I just don't like the "light switch" clutches that chatter when you ease out from a red light.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
t56 from a gen 2 viper here, all viper car hydraulics. I run a spec 3+ for a 03-04 cobra. It's not bad but i hate it. The hell with stop and go traffic. I want it much softer. I hear the dual disc Mcleod(around $950) are much better. I want the easiest clutch pedal to press i can get. For a cheap clutch, the damn thing works great and truck shifts like a champ even when power shifting.

Last edited:

96 cobra

Established Member
I liked the OEM clutch stiffness, even when driving in traffic.
I disliked the long throw of the clutch pedal much more than it's level of resistance.

Users who are viewing this thread