How does Ford employee pricing work?

roushracin

Established Member
Just curious to know if you work for Ford, how good of a discount can you get? Better than invoice? I have a friend that works for Dodge and he fills out a green or yellow sheet (can't remember), and hands it to a dealer. There's not much negotiation unless there is a trade in involved.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
There are different "tiers" of Employee pricing, and all are better than invoice.

D-Plan is for people who work at dealerships, and their immediate family.
A-Plan is for people who work directly for Ford, i.e. at an assembly plant, and their immediate family
now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a Z-Plan for retirees?

You also have X-plan for employees of Tier 1 suppliers, contractors, associated clubs, etc. It usually winds up being just a couple hundred above invoice, but can be different on different cars.

All of these Plans require a PIN #.

08mojo

Established Member
I access to Z-plan (wife) and x-plan (work). Supposedly, z-plan is the same pricing as a-plan. Z-plan designates a retired Ford employee. You must have a pin number to use any of the discount codes. To get the pin, you have to prove you are eligible by some ID or SS number.

The z-plan is below invoice and the price is non-negotiable. It automatically sets fees too: docking, dealer, other bs. It's pretty nice to walk into a dealership and say, "I have x,z-plan, what do you have?" I don't know all the details, but supposedly the dealership is reimbursed by Ford for the cost under invoice--no real knowledge on this though.

roushracin

Established Member
Can these be given to friends? Or is it just for family members? I'm looking at getting into a Ford and would like to know the possibility of getting one of these plans from someone, if at all possible.

My buddy said he could hook me up if I bought a Jeep, Chrysler or Dodge product. Not interested in Dodge.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Must be a family member and you must show proof. Its a real pain now. It used to be much easier. IIRC, there was a form that was faxed in with copies of birth certificates, matching names on SSN's or marriage certificate.

Last time i got a pin # before they asked my friend bought an edge. OTD price was less than 30k for a fully loaded edge with the sliding moon roof option. she got a killer deal on it and my dealership got audited 6 months later due to it. right after we got audited they changed the pin acceptance procedure.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Technically they are available only for immediate family members. However, if you acquire one you may be able to find a dealer that will accept it. Keep in mind though that most dealers have to prove to mother ford that the pin is accurate and the person using it is eligible. Otherwise they don't get their rebate from the sale. This could cause issues after the sale if the dealership doesn't do their diligence up front.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Can these be given to friends? Or is it just for family members? I'm looking at getting into a Ford and would like to know the possibility of getting one of these plans from someone, if at all possible.

My buddy said he could hook me up if I bought a Jeep, Chrysler or Dodge product. Not interested in Dodge.

Must be a family member and you must show proof. Its a real pain now. It used to be much easier. IIRC, there was a form that was faxed in with copies of birth certificates, matching names on SSN's or marriage certificate.

Last time i got a pin # before they asked my friend bought an edge. OTD price was less than 30k for a fully loaded edge with the sliding moon roof option. she got a killer deal on it and my dealership got audited 6 months later due to it. right after we got audited they changed the pin acceptance procedure.

I was gonna say - things may be different now, because about 20 years ago I bought my first mustang on an x-plan. a good friend of the family who works at ford in Dearborn gave me one of theirs. the way I understood it, each employee's family got about 10 cars per year that they could use for family or friends. they needed to give me a pin to do it, and not every dealership i went to was willing to do it for svt cobras.

i always felt it was very nice of them to do it and i have been buying fords ever since :beer:

Twisted2v

Established Member

My dad works for Ford. The employee will acquire a pin number that you will give to the dealer. I'm pretty sure it's for both friends and family, but I can't even recall him giving one to a nonfamily. A is for immediate family and I think X is for friends. If you have any questions I'll ask my dad.

10fore

Established Member
Just get some Ford stock or join the Mustang Club of America. Both grant X-Plan pricing.

roushracin

Established Member
My dad works for Ford. The employee will acquire a pin number that you will give to the dealer. I'm pretty sure it's for both friends and family, but I can't even recall him giving one to a nonfamily. A is for immediate family and I think X is for friends. If you have any questions I'll ask my dad.

That would be great if you could ask. If anyone can help, just PM me. Looking to buy at the end of the month. Thanks

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
X-plan can be given out pretty easily, and like already mentioned, there is a limit to how many pin #'s one can give out per year for X-plan.

D-plan and A-plan can only be given to immediate family members only (siblings, parents, children). I am acquiring my 2015 GT with a D-plan via my brother who sells at the local dealership.

assasyn

Established Member
If I remember correctly, D Plan pricing isn't for every dealer. Certain criteria must be met. I think it's "Blue Oval" certified or something. 5 years ago you had 2-4 pins and could share them with whomever. Now it's only family and doesn't include SVT vehicles.

D->A->X

My parents D planned their last two vehicles and it really makes a difference on more expensive cars. A base model V6 F150 isn't going to get much cheaper. It could have changed. I'm tossing around the idea of D planing a 2015 GT.

roushracin

Established Member
X-plan can be given out pretty easily, and like already mentioned, there is a limit to how many pin #'s one can give out per year for X-plan.

D-plan and A-plan can only be given to immediate family members only (siblings, parents, children). I am acquiring my 2015 GT with a D-plan via my brother who sells at the local dealership.

If you don't mind me asking, what type of discount are you getting off MSRP for the 2015?

Twisted2v

Established Member
A-plan is for immediate family, limited to 4 per year. X-plan is for anyone else they may know, limited to 8 per year. Some dealers ask for the pin number before they give you the price, others don't ask. He works at the ford plant so dealership discounts may be different.

It's supposed to be better than invoice, but I believe it depends on factors like end or beginning of model year, and demand. Some vehicles like shelby's are excluded from employee pricing.

If you have any specific questions let me know.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There is a lot of BS being spewed.

A-Plan: If you, or a direct family member work at Ford. (Mother, father, son, daughter, brother, sister, grandfather, grandmother, grandkid.)
Z-Plan: If you, or a direct family member retired from Ford. (Same as above)
D-Plan: If you, or a direct family member work at a Ford dealership. (Same as above. ANY Ford dealership).
X-Plan: If you know someone that works at Ford. (Neighbor, bar acquaintance, met at a baseball game, etc etc etc etc.) Also, if you have stock in Ford Motor Company, and also if you work for a company that is a Ford Recognized Partner.

Anyone has access to X-Plan.

A/Z Plan are the exact same price, both below invoice. D Plan is exactly $100 over A/Z Plan. X Plan is $100-200 over invoice.

It's supposed to be better than invoice, but I believe it depends on factors like end or beginning of model year, and demand. Some vehicles like shelby's are excluded from employee pricing.

If you have any specific questions let me know.

It is better than invoice. There is not anything that effects it that would cause invoice pricing to be better. The A/Z Plan price is printed on the bottom of EVERY invoice, it DOES NOT CHANGE based on model year, demand, etc.

The only instance that prices get adjusted is during 2nd or 3rd build and Ford either raises them a little or lowers them based on their costs to produce.

Correct, Shelby's and Raptors are not eligible.

Last edited:

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
If you don't mind me asking, what type of discount are you getting off MSRP for the 2015?

pending whether or not I add the 68B Premier Trim package once I find out exactly what's in it, D-Plan is saving me about $4,100 off MSRP and about $1,200 under invoice in my particular case. But it varies among different cars, trims, options, etc.

slidai

Established Member
I work for a dealer that has a Ford dealer in its network. I got my Mustang for $100 over what the dealer paid for it. I went to a local Ford dealer to look at cars because the network dealer I got my car from was a while away. I was told at the local dealer that I wouldn't qualify for any pricing discount because I didn't have a pin number. Obviously that was untrue. Maybe they just wanted to sell me a car and we're lying. I did have the threaten to call corporate on the Ford dealer in our network before they started to play ball though.

Users who are viewing this thread