How does the M52305GT Stingers fit?

ZXMustang

Banned
Is the fitment as good as the factory mufflers and tips? Also, can I keep those little metal nuts that are welded to the stock x pipe to make sure the axle back doesnt slide too far back? The stock kit is slotted to make sure the pipes dont slide too far back and the tips match, and Im hoping the 5GT's have that same slot. Anyone know what Im talking about? Im really looking for this kit to install and look perfect. I installed a set of the magnaflow muffler deletes on my buddies GT5oo and the fitment was bad. Both tips are not aligned and they are welded on so there is no adjustment. I did notice that his car came with spintech's on it and whoever installed them knocked off the little welded on nuts, so when I installed the muffler deletes I couldnt get them to align and Ill bet that the one side went on too far back. I would love the muffler deletes too, but that fitment scares me and I want my exhaust perfect. Opinions?

Last edited:

6-Speed

Established Member
Yes I know what you're talking about. Don't know about the M-5230-SGT, but the M-5230-S mufflers have the slot you're referring to.

Button_Notch.jpg

luvgun74

Established Member
Yes i have the 5gt's and they do in fact have the slots that you're talking about and they fit perfectly. :beer:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
SGT's fit perfectly.

NO fitment issues at all for me.

I did have to turn them loose at the midpipe to get the in/out fitment correct, but that was all. I love the fact that Borla put the alignment slot on there.

I also put a pair of BoomTubes on, they didn't have the alignment cuts in the pipe and I guess they expected you to remove the dots from the tails (like Bassani does) but I just took a mill/grinder to the exhaust tubing and made my own slot on the BoomTubes.

Last edited:

luvgun74

Established Member
So anyone have the 5gt's with an o/r x pipe installed? I'm getting my jba o/r pipe this week and was wondering how it sounds. If anyone has a sound clip also would be appreciated! LOL

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
So anyone have the 5gt's with an o/r x pipe installed? I'm getting my jba o/r pipe this week and was wondering how it sounds. If anyone has a sound clip also would be appreciated! LOL

Yea I've had mine on since early '07 (got my car in Sept. 06)

Stainless Works Off-Road Pipes (2 x cat delete and the 02 sensors were "turned off" so I didn't get a check engine light / compliments of my Evolution Bad-Ass Tune from Fred) and a Stainless Works Off-Road X-pipe... I was running the 5GT's and I really loved the setup but the neighbors and the cops were not too fond of it whenever I got on it.

I got pulled over one day and the cops told me that they received 4 calls about "someone drag racing up and down the highway in a black race car".

No tickets though and I ran that setup for about a year.

It was not really that loud at idle and sounded absolutely killer at lower rpms but flat out SCREAMED at full throttle and higher rpms. I really liked the setup but I ended up putting the 5GT's on my wife's stock 07 GT/CS and put the quieter FRPP muffs (the cheaper ones) on my car which tamed the ear candy (somewhat).

I have some old drive-by vids on my computer at home... I'm at work now so I can post some up tomorrow if interested.

There was a slight drone at about 1800-2600 rpms (if I remember correctly) so I tried to keep it under 1800 rpm's in traffic. :rockon:

Last edited:

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
So anyone have the 5gt's with an o/r x pipe installed? If anyone has a sound clip also would be appreciated! LOL

Well here's an old clip taken with a cheap digital camera (but you get the idea).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7KoCMCjbRM"]YouTube - GT500 Drive by[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY08r9NTW8k"]YouTube - 3rd Gear Deceleration[/ame]

Here's a couple more old ones:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6daOtAqhbEA"]YouTube - Short Blast[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPaIprpG2ZI"]YouTube - NEW GT500 RACE BLOCK[/ame]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread