How is America's Military with the economy today?

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
explain please. i'm looking to leave around november and i just want to know what's in store for me with the economy screwed up and has it affected the military? is it a good time to join? or should i wait (which i dont want to). thanks.

Sapperstang

Established Member
It is fine. That is the good thing about the military. You will get paid and your basic needs will be provided. My bro is in right now and they are still getting some nice toys to play with, plenty of jumps, plenty of good training, etc.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
the situation with the economy right now is not the end of the world. don't worry you're still gonna get paid and still be able to blow stuff up.

Fire Pig

Established Member
I dont know about who our next president will be but Bush did ensure we got a 3% raise every year

Leaving the military to go overseas contracting was the the best financial decision for me at the time.
Im making in one year alone what I made my whole 6 years in the service .
I actually have the money and freedom to live how I want, and accomplish all my goals.
Of course I wouldnt be where I am today if it wasnt for the strict discipline and values I learned in the Service which truly made me a man.
Life is good now and Im truly blessed.

I hope God looks over all the families of my fallen comrades who lost thier precious young lives trying to strive for a better one!

Last edited:

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
The military has a budget that wouldn't be affected by the economy until Obama gets elected and the military budget is drastically cut.

johnwynn

Established Member
You will be fine. The only issue i have is getting the money for parts to repair some equipment.

mustanginsin

Loyal To None
Established Member
i'm doing dandy........like one guy said a few posts above: you really dont need to worry about a thing unless the wrong person gets elected and then we'll be downsizing, have pay cuts, etc.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Still kicking ass and taking names. (I will when Im commissioned).

Oh I'm still getting paid also. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread