How is Ford going to sell the 04 cobras when....

03RedCobra

Established Member
idareu said:
Btw, I sold the last GTO we had today. It was another smart buy
Msrp $33,390
Gms discount
$5500 REBATE!!!!!!!
$2000 in Dealer Vouchers
$1600 on Gm card
36 Month payment was $227.
Zero cash from customer.

Is that a Lease on a car ?? Monthly Payment seems WAY too cheap for a car that is 24,290 dollars. If it's a lease, why do you use the term "Sold" on a Leased car ?? That's like saying, we "Sold" them their apartment for 3 years while they were renting from us.

Just curious.

IDAREU

Banned
It is a smartbuy which is like a lease, the difference is the how sales tax os paid and the title of the car is in the buyers name. I say sold because I earn a commision when I sell a care. Our dealership does not care if Gmac is buying it or if a customer pays cash. The car is sold and it is off our lot.

Yes, the payments are low. I suggest you look in your sunday auto ads today to see if they are offering this deal in your area. The Gto at this price would make a great bad weather car for the money so you could park the terminator.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
Is there a point to all of this? I have no idea who you are, but it sure looks like here for no reason other than to start trouble. Is that not accurate?

To answer your question....first, there are very few 04 Cobra's left. I'd be willing to bet there are far, far more slow-selling GTOs on lots than 04 Cobras. However, Those that are, have these incentives on them:

2004 Mustang (Incl. SVT/GT/Mach1)
valid Wednesday, December 01, 2004, through Monday, January 03, 2005

$0 Cash Back on lease
valid Wednesday, December 01, 2004, through Monday, January 03, 2005

$3000 Cash Back
or 0.0% APR financing for 36 months
or 0.0% APR financing for 48 months
or 0.0% APR financing for 60 months
or 2.9% APR financing for 72 months

or $1000 Cash Back plus 0.9% APR financing for 36 months
or $1000 Cash Back plus 1.9% APR financing for 48 months
or $1000 Cash Back plus 2.9% APR financing for 60 months

Dealers have been dealing on 04s for several months now. For example, I got mine at invoice, minus $3000 rebate, minus $500 military rebate. Total brand new: $29,800 off a $36,500 MSRP.

Source: www.fordvehicles.com/mustang

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Bob Cosby said:
Is there a point to all of this? I have no idea who you are, but it sure looks like here for no reason other than to start trouble. Is that not accurate?

Good point Bob - unfortuantly there are a few bad apples on this board, and this is their only objective. :nono:

BenD

Established Member
About used Cobras's

Don't buy a used Cobra unless it has exceptionally low miles, and a meticulous backup record. Why? because brand new ones have inherent defects from birth, some of which are fairly serious, others are very serious. Maybe the owner had some fixed and others can't be fixed without a great deal of personal expense. If you know the car, that's different. Buying blind off a lot, even with a car fax, they don't have the first hand personal knowledge as we do.

If you happen to find one with no mods, none what-so-ever, then it may be worth while taking a second look.

Bottom line ALWAYS insist on a compression test and above all a leak down test. If the variance is even close to 10%...run, don't walk to the nearest exit. Watch the exhaust pipes on start up, if you see blue smoke, run, don't walk to the nearest exit

However, if you have PLENTY of left over cash, burning a hole in your pocket, then of course, YOU CAN AFFORD TO BE LESS CRITICAL. When I say left over, I'm talking MINIMUM 10 grand, just in the event it needs some minor engine work or tansmission work.

Left over warranties on a Cobra with mods, even if the dealer issues one, SVT won't back them up and they won't honor it. If you force the issue, even if you got it in writing, they'll screw you around on the service and repair that you'll wish you never heard the word Cobra Mustang.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
idareu said:
Again I ask what is Ford doing to move 03/04 Cobras?

Nothing really. They have a winner.

Ford has 2500 off or whatever but the fact is the only place you will find new 04's (exculding the very few that sit cause certain dealers think its still September of 02 and can get a premium) on the lot right now are places buried with snow. There is a dealership in Oregon with 8 new 04's on the lot right now. It's about impossible to find a 04 in the LA to San Diego region or in Phoenix. And if you did, your getting redfire clearcoat, silver, or torch red.

And if your serious about getting a new orange one in 05 like you mentioned on page 1...lmao. There has been only 1 new one available in the entire country since mid September or so. And its a vert, so hey, mabey you will :lol1:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread