How is the pulley tune from predator?

Scotts 03 COBRA

Established Member
I want to put the 2.93 pulley(NGK's) on this weekend,but I won't get a new custom from RWTD until next week---How is the pulley tune on the predator(I updated to R12)--will it be ok until I get a new custom tune-thanks Scott

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
I don't have a pulley or predator, but I'd try to stay out of boost if you can until you get it on a dyno to make sure everything is OK.

Juiced-03

Established Member
The pulley tune is just fine. I have 91 octane and I use the 93 octane tune with no pinging. I did back out a little timing and added a little more fuel down low though. It is very rich after 3500rpm's so if you are really worried just dont hit boost down low. If you are really worried about it, use the 91 octane tune which is VERY conservative. The 91 tune is gutless though ;-)

hmwave

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
The pulley tune is just fine. I have 91 octane and I use the 93 octane tune with no pinging. I did back out a little timing and added a little more fuel down low though. It is very rich after 3500rpm's so if you are really worried just dont hit boost down low. If you are really worried about it, use the 91 octane tune which is VERY conservative. The 91 tune is gutless though ;-)

What percent did you add to the fuel base and how much timing backout?

I have the r12 update so can change fuel 2000-4000, and 4000-7000. I always run quality 93 octane.

Dyno'ed last week and my AFR with the STOCK pulley from the dyno pulls is as follows:
2500 15
3000 14.5
3500 14
4000 13.2
4500 13.25
5000 12.4
5500 12
6000 11.2
6500 10.6

Dyno operator described it as 'a little bit crispy'!

I understand 15% richer is around on point AFR on the Predator
I added 15% richer to both rpm bands after that dyno session just to be safe.
Don't want it to be too rich though and damage the cats or O2's.

I plan to fit a 2.8 soon and get James to tune it properly for close to 11.8 across the band as I want a conservative tune.

Just curious if you thought my Pred performance tune numbers above with the stock pulley are OK or need the 15% richer fuel I added already.

Juiced-03

Established Member
hmwave,

I would have DEFINITELY added some more fuel in the 2k-4k rpm range. Thats just a little too lean for comfort.

If you added 15%, you should be fine. I never go WOT under 3500 because I have noticed most Cobras are the leanest at that range. And with 15lbs of boost and a lean spike, it could be a $8000 mistake! The rest of your tune looks ok for being on the stock pulley though.

hmwave

Established Member
Here's the thing. My AFR was spot on when I dyno'ed last October. Soon after I fitted an FR500 catback and the car has run with the leaner AFR all Winter daily driver with occasional full throttle runs!
Hope I haven't done any long term damage.

I will leave the 15% richer in the lower band until I get James's tune.

Should I leave the upper band at 0% fuel table?
I currently have it set for 15% richer too and the engine seems to be 'sluggish' across the entire rev range since I added the fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread