how lond did it take you to install your TB?

matt lankford

all is sold
attachment.php

just wondering how long its gonna take to hook this sucker up, thanks

dougwg

Established Member
I figure it should take you a couple days...

Thats when you should recieve your gasket from me:beer:

dang you need instructions too?

P.S. that sure is shiny:coolman:

Last edited:

SVTyballz

Established Member
hey matt,

Mine took about 30 minutes, hooked it up and idle was fine. Didn't touch anything. That's the good news.......... A couple days later, I couldn't leave well enough alone and I had to check the TPS voltage just for kicks............WELL...................it was .92 and in my warped friggin world that is not acceptable. SO......... the next couple hours was spent tweaking this thing. Finally got it to .98 and it's working great now. Idle speed is around 650-750 and it doesn't drop below 500 anymore. It did take a few drive cycles for the computer to adapt to the new setup though. My advice is to hook it up and if it idles fine, don't touch anything.

gary

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
tuning

BEFORE you remove anything, check where your tp setting is now. Make a note of it then remove the old unit. Then remove the tp from the old throttle and install it on the new one. You may have to adjust the blad to where you won't feel any "sticking" feeling when you push the gas pedal. With that done, replace the iac motor on top of the inlet, and set you t-p to the stock settings you wrote down earlier......it should start and idle fine, this worked well with my billitflow install.....hope it helps you out matt......rick speaks highly of you......i'm sure john's unit is high quality like the billitflow is.....i use his stuff on 5.0's alot..hermann

matt lankford

all is sold
mine idles perfect so im gonna try it first with out checking. well, mabey if i do it at work i will have the volt meter so i will probably check it. damn mechanics get gay acting when i want to borrow a few tools, but then they want my help getting financed on a car...

what was it ideling at when it was at .92

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
It takes about 30-45 minutes, take your time.

Aside from the aforementioned TPS advice make sure you completely remove the old gasket. You may need to remove the intake studs to enable scraping the old gasket off.

Take some pics when your done too!:)

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Re: settings

Originally posted by hpbyhermann
be sure to write down YOUR stock settings! i have seen them as high as 1.19 and that car wated that much on the new one for good idle and no sticking throttle

I just checked my car because of stalling and mine is 1.20 now and I am going to adjust it down to .98 at Doug from billetflows recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread