How long are......

good4me

Established Member
the 03's going to be in production for?

I am planning on selling my 91 gt(if anyone is interested, please let me know) and getting an 03 in june or july, but i am curious about how long they will be in production for if they arent going to produce a 2004 model(from what ive read in another topic in here)?

Also, what is msrp on the 03's and if there anyone that is in tampa bay area, where did you go to get yours and who took care of you?

Also, if at all possible, i would love to meet some people from here with the 03 cobras just to see and hear them outside the lot, as when i look at every newer body styled mustang, im always looking for the cobra badging just to see one off the lot and hopefully hear the car roar.

Thanks in advance,

Jesse

good4me

Established Member
71 views and no answers.

Does anyone have a clue to my question that i asked, or am i left to my own devices to figure it out?

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Final production totals have not jet been determined. Approx 12-15K units are aledged to be the final totals. Prduction should run till the end of spring with those cars becoming 40th annivesary Cobras. MSRP is $34,700 with actual dealer price varying. Don't pay over MSRP though because some have been spied under MSRP. Included in this is a $1K gas guzzler tax. I'm in So Cal so I can't help you with a demo. Hope this helps.

Pyro

Established Member
I've heard from my dealer that there will be no 2004. Others have said that there will be no 2005 either but I'm not sure on that one. As for the numbers, SoCalblkO3 is right at about 12K units. I got mine at exactly $34,950 + the $1000 guzzler tax. If you are going to finance it, you may want to consider getting whatever the Ford Performance catalog has for the 03 such as the cat back system. It's a bit more expensive but only ads a few dollars to each payment. I would have done it if I remembered. I did it with the LoJack so I saved money with the insurance in the long run. I hope this helps.

good4me

Established Member
thanks for the responses.

my plan is to get one in june/july, but i wasnt to sure if there was going to be a 2004. hopefully after all the autoshows are done they will release some info about if they are going to build a 2004.

the 3 ford dealerships i know that sell the cobras are wanting about msrp, as i have only seen a markup for the vert going for about 39,5000.

also, what exactly is the xplan i keep reading about?

thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread