How long will my stock block last?

RJM03Cobra

10 second snake
Established Member
Currently I ran mid 500 rwhp and 607 torque. This winter I am going Ken Bell 19-22 PSI twin screw and if not in top street at our track (low 10s I guess)spray 80-125 n2o.
Probably in the 600-650 rwhp range, and I race every friday nite, 6-10 passes, how long will my 10,000 miles block with no ticks and chicago cooling mod, hold up, a full season?

Machinator

Banned
BigZach said:
It will not last running 19psi and nitrous. I don't see it lasting a whole season.

Its not the boost or spray that will kill it, it is detonation and heat. Almost all terminators that eat there engines are the ones who do high speed runs ie 160+. If he lets the motor cool down between runs and runs 100 octane I dont see it going during the season unless he has a bad tune. A bad tune will kill a motor regardless of the octane.

marcseidler

I made about 40 runs wih the Kb and about 10 in the high tens before it broke and this was with no NO2. the pistons will go. It depends on tune, time, fuel, luck. If all that goes is a piston it doesnb;t really cost more than if you fix the piston issue before one fails. Now if it breaks a rod or shatters a piston, breaking other stuff it mighe cost $1000 to $1500 more to buy a new short block. This is assuming that with just a hurt piston your block, crank, rods are OK.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
BigZach said:
It will not last running 19psi and nitrous. I don't see it lasting a whole season.

LMAO oooooooooooooooooooooooook!!!!!

If you get a good tune on that car AND run the proper fuel, there is absolutely NO reason that your motor will not last.

Last edited:

Machinator

Banned
seidler said:
I made about 40 runs wih the Kb and about 10 in the high tens before it broke and this was with no NO2. the pistons will go. It depends on tune, time, fuel, luck. If all that goes is a piston it doesnb;t really cost more than if you fix the piston issue before one fails. Now if it breaks a rod or shatters a piston, breaking other stuff it mighe cost $1000 to $1500 more to buy a new short block. This is assuming that with just a hurt piston your block, crank, rods are OK.

I can tell you right now one of the major reasons your motor broke was because you were/are using the wrong spark plugs. it22 are JUNK, get NGK.

Users who are viewing this thread