How long will the 6.2 engines last ?

Teal93

I currently have a 05 superduty power stroke and am tired of putting it in the shop and left without a truck. I am seriously considering on trading it in a crew cab raptor but am wondering how may miles do you think this engine will go without a rebiuld. I thought that I would have my power stroke forever but am tired of all the little things going out of it and dishing out cash everytime I put it in the shop. So what im getting at is will the crew cab raptor last me atleast 10 years without anything major happening to the engine?

SOCOMech

Established Member
Kind of a hard question to answer these days but, I'd say it would last as long as you take care of it.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Id imagine they are making them with just as much quality as the new f150 twin turbo v6 eco boost engine. If you saw the videos of the kind of abuse they put that thing through then the 6.2 should last a long freakin time if its built to the same standard.

Also, you have to remember that you cant compare these engines to the powerstroke in your truck. For one thing that motor isnt even a ford. Its an international motor. Ford finally got fed up with all the problems they had been having with International so thats why for 2011 they finally built their own powerstroke diesel entirely in house and it kicks all kinds of ass.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread