How Many 1993 Cobras Still Exist?

Only running cars and cars that still have a VIN maybe waiting restoration or update.

• 0-1000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1001-2000

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • 2001-3000

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • 3001-4000

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • 4001-5000

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

svtdriven

Established Member
the cudas you speak of have a 20+ year head start on the 93 cobra. the cobra r is probably going to be the big dollar bringer in the future. I am just suprised that with as many mustangs they made from 79-93, I don't see that many on the road anymore.

I did see a nice 82 gt the other day though. Its been years since I've seen any pre 85's running around.

93KingCobra

Established Member
svtdriven said:
the cudas you speak of have a 20+ year head start on the 93 cobra. the cobra r is probably going to be the big dollar bringer in the future. I am just suprised that with as many mustangs they made from 79-93, I don't see that many on the road anymore.

I did see a nice 82 gt the other day though. Its been years since I've seen any pre 85's running around.

Same around my neck of the woods....I see them once an a blue moon...I guess it's getting harder an harder to find a clean fox body.

scootro

Established Member
same here....

besides my 93' cobra i have the last year of t-top'ed stangs. its a 1988 gt w/ t's... and i've never seen one of those on the road!!! just mine...

jspalmer01

Established Member
Very, very rarely to I see any fox bodies on the road during the week and when I do they are typically worn out examples. On the weekends I see a few coming and going to cruises and shows; thats about it. I NEVER see any 1993 cobras except at a mustang show, but not very many. Most of the fox bodies I ever see are at the local drag strip.

Over the last 13+ years I have seen numerous posts (on many boards) about total'ed 1993 cobras. I still stand behind my <3000 left estimate :D

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
scootro said:
same here....

besides my 93' cobra i have the last year of t-top'ed stangs. its a 1988 gt w/ t's... and i've never seen one of those on the road!!! just mine...

I had and sold a 88 GT t-top car last fall.

Its wild to me that you guys do not see many foxes on the road. They are all over the place here

hotrodcobra

Established Member
svtdriven said:

Could be. I just have a hard time believing that a 235 hp racecar (or any other car with that little hp) is going to bring the big money. And my personal opinion is that the musclecars of the 70's were much more abused, wrecked, totaled and parted out than the Cobra's of '93. I think the 351 Saleens will be the one that collectors want in 10-20 years. Big motor, big hp with the blower, race history, Saleen heritage and pretty much exclusive form the get-go. :shrug: But then, what do I know?

CO9B3RA

Established Member
I'm glad I hung on to my t-topped 82 GT!!!! As my Az county is emission checked, I am in the process of efi'ing it after the old carb emission sys. fell
apart and failed the test. It's totally rust free, re-engined with a roller crate
5.0, a soon-to-be-added Tremec 5-speed and a 3.55 8.8" rearend. Can't
wait to get it on the road with my other 2 Foxes, an 86 SVO and the Teal 93
Cobra.
:coolman:

hotrodcobra

Established Member
CO9B3RA said:
I'm glad I hung on to my t-topped 82 GT!!!! As my Az county is emission checked, I am in the process of efi'ing it after the old carb emission sys. fell
apart and failed the test. It's totally rust free, re-engined with a roller crate
Cobra.

Very nice fox collection! Now all you need is a pace car.:beer:

scootro

Established Member
CO9B3RA said:
Cobra.
sounds awesome:rockon:

svtdriven

Established Member
The saleen s351 will be a valuable car as well. but what it is going to come down to is condition. they all have the ability to be valuable. I know where there is a 90 gt with only 26 miles on it. its worth a lot more than my 110k cobra and probably always will be. Any of these should be worth more than the run of the mill mustang.
93 cobra / cobra r
saleens
svo
asc mclaren
saac shelby series(weren't they called a "predator" mustang?)
90 7up convertable
the feature convertable cars
-red w/white int
-yellow /black int
-triple white
pace car
79-81 cobra
84 gt350 anniversary ed.
and the 90-93 triple black gt convertables seem to fetch high prices too even though they are "run of the mill".
did I miss any?

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I don't see many clean fox bodies running around either. Every once in a while a Fox GT or LX will catch my eye going down the road, but I don't see them every day for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread