How Many COBRA Variations?

FFR514

Like this?

DSC00518.gif

Neither one is a CSX or what you might call a "real" Cobra, but I'm sure proud to drive both. And by the way, they both make more power than a "real" 427 Cobra! :D

Last edited:

FFR514

Yep - Factory Five w/ a big a$$ 514BB and only weighs 2300#'s. :burnout:

There's a few guys building FFR Cobras with the 03 Cobra motor. I can't wait to see one with a KB or whipple! It kinda makes me want to build another one just to see how the 03 motor would feel in a 2300 pound car at 21 pounds of boost.

oxfordman03

In Denial
Established Member
I would be proud too. Very nice cars. I love my '03 and with all the mods I've done I don't see ever getting rid of it. I suppose you guys are right that it is just a name and it's the cars that really matter.

RossSVT

Established Member
CANiHaveGasCash said:
actually I beleive you are wrong. Ford is calling this the SVT shelby mustang cobra GT500. They have said nothing about making an SVT only Cobra and the expected price is going to be near the current cobra so I don't see how they have room for another cobra other than the shelby. The only thing i see room for is maybe a specialty model or two like the Mach 1 and Bullet

I'll wait and see. With informantion right from a member of the Board, I'll trust my source. There will be an SVT Cobra in 2007.

If you think that the Shelby Name on a GT-500 is going to be just slightly higher than the current SVT Cobra, think again. This car is going to list at over $40K. Add the dealer gouging and your talking $50's. Just because Ford said nothing does not mean that nothing is happening behind the seen. There are IRS Mustang Mules out testing with twin screw SC's.

Last edited:

Snakely

Anxious GT500 Waitin'
I heard from a friend with connections inside of Ford (and SVT) that there will be an "inbetween" Mustang after the GT500 is released. Whether it will be called a GT350 or a GT/CS (California Special), it is still undetermined. He heard it will be powered with a supercharged 4.6L just like last year's Cobra. The rumor is it will be released on a limited basis like the Bullitt or Mach 1. Anybody heard anything like this?

1999-COBRA-6661

[S]pecial[V]ehicle[T]eam
Established Member
Sound like good news if it's reliable. I would rather see a N/A aluminum 5.4 then another blown 4.6 for the "inbetween" Mustang.

94vert50

Established Member
With regards to everyone upset about there being no IRS, I think we should keep in mind how much better the '05 live axle is than what preceded it. Didn't the MT article say the '05 GT did almost as well on the skidpad and in the slalom as the '03 cobra? It still isn't an IRS and it won't be quite as good, and the euro lovers and the mags will probably trash it b/c it's a live axle, but if it handles better than the '03 cobra how upset can one be?
Plus, the IRS would be heavier and more expensive, and the last thing we want is a heavier, more expensive cobra. We can't have it all for $40k- there's always tradeoffs. The car is still gonna be sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread