How many Gen 2s are left?

RUNVS?

Established Member
SVT built a total of 28,124 Lightnings between 1999 and 2004. I wonder how many of those trucks have been totaled, stolen, pieced out, or are no longer on the road or accounted for.

I also wonder how many others have been cut up and made into race trucks, lowriders, or show trucks that are so far away from their original appearance, it wouldn't be cost effective to return them to stock.

Just food for thought. :read:

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
I think the DMV can find this out, or DOT. By registered last year searches. Only the road worthy should/would count.

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
yay mine will be a collectible soon! oh wait, i think all our svt's will be since it will no longer be making any more :poke: way to go!

RUNVS?

Established Member
Something else to consider is how many clean, garaged, well-kept Lightnings are left to choose from. How many no longer have the original (matching numbers) engine and transmission?

I've also seen my share of beater Lightnings that have been rode hard and hung up wet. Given the shrinking pool of available Ls, the hooptie trucks may even be worth something down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread