How many miles do you have on your factory block?

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Got around 140,000 on mine. My friend has 150,000 on his 98 cobra that he takes to the track almost every weekend with 4.10s and slicks and it hasn't broke anything in two seasons lol with street driving in between

98BABCobra

Established Member
174,000. I had a leaking head gasket earlier this spring. Other than that, no major problems, just routine maintenance.

98BABCobra

Established Member
Quick question, as I have a HG leak.
Oil or coolant leak?
Did you fix it, if so what gaskets did you use?

I had coolant leaking into my cylinders. The thing that first brought it to my attention was lighter brown oil in my oil separator on the PCV line, and the thing that really made it obvious was when coolant started dripping out of my exhaust.

I used Ford Racing head gaskets. Also since my engine is higher mileage (and I decided to pull the engine out of the car), I went ahead and replaced the entire timing set at the same time as well as some other miscellaneous parts like spark plugs, coolant hoses, pilot and throw out bearings.

SVTCOBRA9629

Established Member
Current 96 cobra(laser red) just hit 85,5xx, but my 96 Mystic had 180,000 when i bought it and pulled motor 260,xxx miles due to blown head gasket. 230,xxx miles put down 278hp and 281ft torque.

BAB_SVT_Cobra

SVT Powered
Established Member
Current 96 cobra(laser red) just hit 85,5xx, but my 96 Mystic had 180,000 when i bought it and pulled motor 260,xxx miles due to blown head gasket. 230,xxx miles put down 278hp and 281ft torque.

Woah nice! Thats definitely the record so far. Do you know if the internals were replaced or repaired at all or was it just regular maintenance and at 260,xxx the head gasket blew. Were you babying the car or did you race it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread