How many miles? Problems?

Slithering_Joe

Established Member
Sounds like you guys are having better luck than me.

FORD repairs/replacements.....unacceptable!
Approx Mileage: repair
~10,000: Rear Sway Bar
~10,000: Left Courtesy Lamp Switch wire, circuit #54, wire broke inside kick panel (How the hell does that happen?!!!)
~20,000: Front Tie-Rod Ends
~30,000: Idle Air Control Valve
~30,000: Ignition Switch
~30,000: Brake rotors, all four (4) warped (Brembos now working fine!)
~31,000: factory-original real pinion seal leaking and excessive backlash in ring and pinion gear
~32,000: above rear pinion seal and ring/pinion gears replaced under factory extended warranty
~32,050: above rear pinion seal leaking (yes, 50 miles later!)
~32,300: above seal replaced under factory extended warranty
~35,000: Traction-Lok Differential clutches (replaced stock 6 discs with 8 discs)
~40,000: EVAP Flow Sensor
~40,000: EVAP Solenoid
~58,000: Oxygen Sensor (Sensor 1-Bank 1)
~62,000: Right Primary Crash sensor wire, circuit #618, corroded wire
~66,000: above rear pinion seal leaking
~67000: above rear pinion seal replaced out-of-pocket (factory extended warranty expired at 6yr/36,000mi)
~68,000: above rear pinion seal leaking ...WTF?!
~68,300: above seal replaced along with a new companion flange

Current mileage ~69,000 and seal is still working! (fingers crossed)

Last edited:

whitesnake97

Established Member
I have 127,000 and the only thing i have had to do, that wasn't a mod or upgrade, was replace the rear sway bar... snapped in two from snaggin second gear one night. Motor still very strong, I drained the oil and put in mobil 1 synthetic since 500 miles. I am a big believer in that helping with longevity.

c0bra969

Custom title.
Established Member
sounds...my "Lo" setting on my ac stopped working. (?).....have to have that checked.
and a while back my clutch cable popped,.....and before that i had the drivers side window motor replaced, and passenger.
hhmm.....oh yea, this really pissed me off.....the anti theft sensor went out that detects your key chip..so it would start and then die, man i was mad.

What should i do people?....i could sell it, and buy something new in hope to get rid of it before things go really wrong,. but have payments
or should i keep it and just prepare for some problems. (it still runs great...)

whitesnake97

Established Member
depends on what you really are looking for. Since I have mine paid off, and now drive a truck back and forth to work, i don't mind having to do little things like that for a weekend only driven car. I really like the fact of having a nice car PAID for and the only money I have to spend on it is when I want to spend it and how I want to spend it.

SNK BITN

Established Member
If things go wrong, chances are it wont be the motor, which would be expensive. Little electric things here and there like to act up but other than that, these cars are solid.

gmaine

Established Member
'97 Cobra, 36K:
Repaired rear diff seal
Emission control valve
New T-45 and Spec III clutch went in with LTs
New tires/wheels at 28k
Running Mobil 1 since 4k and also believe in it
Car runs great

Peter

Established Member
I have 49K and I replaced the A/C controller at 46K and I broke a rear sway bar at 43K, Hand brake recall about the same time.
Otherwise pretty dame good with 12lbs of boost!

Pete
:burnout:

BLACKVNM

Established Member
24k miles here - very annoying sound from belt sometimes when I turn the air conditioner on. I've heard it to be pretty common on these cars. Think it may be the tensioner??? Other than that - no problems

Users who are viewing this thread