How many MPG you guys getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bchisom99

Established Member
Lee said:
18 around town, and as high as 27 on the highway.

hold up, as high as 27 on the highway, can you please post the equation to this??? post this and I won't sell the car on tuesday as planned....

SNAKEYE

Established Member
bchisom99 said:
hold up, as high as 27 on the highway, can you please post the equation to this??? post this and I won't sell the car on tuesday as planned....
5-th gear = mileage

Lee

Established Member
Hi bchisom99! I get this mileage with the stock setup, including the 3.08 gears. This is 70 mph on the highway with the cruise set. This isn't a fluke because I was able to do this between VA and Nashville last year for the 40th, tank after tank. Most of the time I get upper teens, lower 20's, with a mixture of highway and around town driving. My 95 also only has 35k miles.

Last edited:

95cobby

Established Member
95cobby said:
I get about 200 Miles per tank! Not sure about the actual mpg yet.

Well that changed now that I got my blower, been getting about 160-200 a tank. I got as low as 120 a tank already.... :burnout:

Steve68Cougar

Established Member
My completely stock '98 convertible got between 25-28 (usually 27) on a road trip to Nashville last year for the Mustang 40th. Driving locally I usually get about 22 and last tank I got a little over 23. The lowest I can remember is 18. I don't get caught in any traffic to speak of and drive mostly rural roads. My old '87 GT managed to get 27 mpg on a trip to Tulsa once. I don't know how critical it is on the 4V's, but the old 5.0 was extremely sensitive to fuel pressure. I drive a 5.0 Lincoln Mk 7 right now that increased mileage by about 2 mpg by adjusting the fpr. One thing that helps with my mileage is trying to keep it to where the IMRC's don't open up. I'm not usually that successful, but it does help.

MidNight Snake

Established Member
95cobby said:
How in the hell do you get 300miles per tank? Let us know! :shrug:

15 gallon tank at 20 mpg would be 300 miles :shrug:

I have only ran it that low once out of necesity but thats what I got. Lately its been a battle of mine to get better then 20 mpg, but no matter what I do city or highway thats what I get. The 4.10s hurt me on the highway but are great around town. Ill go 40-45 mph in 5th gear and the car seems to do really well gas wise.

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
Wow you guys must get on it constantly. I usually get at least 250, and 300 is not uncommon. That is with a lot of highway driving of course though. I imagine if all my driving was limited to around town or city, I would never see the high side of 250. But so far this summer I have never dipped below 250. That is filling up about 13 gallons every time.

MidNight Snake said:
15 gallon tank at 20 mpg would be 300 miles :shrug:

It is a fifteen gallon tank but most will never see 15 gallons at a fillup, if you do it consistently you will be buying a new fuel pump very soon. When my meter says empty (or even slightly below empty) the most I can get at a fillup is about 13 gallons.

Paul

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
my best was 305 on a full tank---->to below the E line. that was ALL highway at about 80....ish lol.
my average is about 250 to a tank.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
bought 15-18 city, depneding on how many times i spin 1st, 2nd, and chirp 3rd :)

Highway- never driven on one yet :(

Last edited:

whitecobra98

Established Member
I have averaged 20+ pretty consistently, however it's been raining for two weeks, so this tank will suffer tremendously :D

Yell98CobraVert

Established Member
QU!CK said:
for those of you getting less than 200 miles per tank, are you beating the snot out of the car or what!? lol

-J

Not realy beating the snot out of it, just hard not to let the ponies run, especially hearing the slight whine of the newest ones!!

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
I have 4.10's, and drive 53 miles one way to work. All highway, hitting a little traffic and gassing it every now and then............I get about 240 miles to a tank.

I think the most I've seen out of the car is like 260 or so. :(

Oh well, phuck it! Way i figure it if we cared about gas milage that much, we'd all be on a Hyundai forum! :xpl: :loser:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread