How many of us have children?

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
We have 3 (G9, B4, B1). We were planning on 4 but #3 was born with a congenital heart defect (Tetrology of Fallot) that has so far required 2 open heart surgeries, multiple heart caths, and a litany of other prosecutes. He’s 15 months old now and a happy little dude. Docs say he’s recovered great and should be able to live most of his life like a normal kid (with annual visits to his cardiologist of course and the occasional valve replacement as he grows).

After all that, we decided 3 is enough. I’m snipped.

View attachment 1685446
Once he's old enough to have other kids ask about the scars teach him to tell people it was from a bar fight.
My niece went through something similar. She is in her 20's now and doing fine.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I have a son. He's not a year old yet, and he was born during the height of the beginning of the pandemic. Everything we knew and expected to experience with his birth went out the window, and it was a lonely affair at the hospital. Just us three. But he arrived healthy and the delivery hospital hadn't had a positive COVID patient yet so we were safe.

The stress of having a child during the pandemic is pretty high. And now the stress of having such a young son while simultaneously watching people tear each other to shreds is disconcerting. Again, all while enduring a pandemic.

I'd be remiss saying we aren't stressed/concerned long term for his future. But from what I gather, that's just part of being a parent. If it wasn't politics or a pandemic, it would be something else. It's just part of wanting best for your child. So all things considered, no I don't regret it. And no, I don't think it's a bad time to have kids.

Kids are the future, and if we want a better future, we need to make sure our children will be around to build it.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I have a son. He's not a year old yet, and he was born during the height of the beginning of the pandemic. Everything we knew and expected to experience with his birth went out the window, and it was a lonely affair at the hospital. Just us three. But he arrived healthy and the delivery hospital hadn't had a positive COVID patient yet so we were safe.

The stress of having a child during the pandemic is pretty high. And now the stress of having such a young son while simultaneously watching people tear each other to shreds is disconcerting. Again, all while enduring a pandemic.

I'd be remiss saying we aren't stressed/concerned long term for his future. But from what I gather, that's just part of being a parent. If it wasn't politics or a pandemic, it would be something else. It's just part of wanting best for your child. So all things considered, no I don't regret it. And no, I don't think it's a bad time to have kids.

Kids are the future, and if we want a better future, we need to make sure our children will be around to build it.
To be completely honest, being my wifes only support at the hospital was stressful. But having that bond with both she and my baby girl is something I will always cherrish. No family hysteria, no family bossing around hospital staff, doctors and nurses, not having to share our daughter except for us....

Literally caring for my daughter while mom recovered from a C-section taught me a lot. But helped get the new daddy jitters out of the way.

Diaper changes? Check. Keep accurate poo and pee records for the doctors? Check. Time for a bottle? Check. Make sure she's warm while she sleeps? Check. Make sure mom is resting, comfortable and in as little pain as possible? Check.

Not trying to pat my own back... but all those responsibilitiea may have been handle by others if family was there. I know it may sound selfish, but my wife having such a huge family would have diluted the experience of my daughters birth.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
To be completely honest, being my wifes only support at the hospital was stressful. But having that bond with both she and my baby girl is something I will always cherrish. No family hysteria, no family bossing around hospital staff, doctors and nurses, not having to share our daughter except for us....

Literally caring for my daughter while mom recovered from a C-section taught me a lot. But helped get the new daddy jitters out of the way.

Diaper changes? Check. Keep accurate poo and pee records for the doctors? Check. Time for a bottle? Check. Make sure she's warm while she sleeps? Check. Make sure mom is resting, comfortable and in as little pain as possible? Check.

Not trying to pat my own back... but all those responsibilitiea may have been handle by others if family was there. I know it may sound selfish, but my wife having such a huge family would have diluted the experience of my daughters birth.

No doubt. It was an eye opening experience. I did a lot of skin to skin sleeping with him on my chest while she rested. She went natural with an Epidural. It was a quick birth and she recovered pretty quickly. Main thing was being tired.

The hospital did care for him with diaper changers and swaddles and a bath at the end. But it was nice being just us 3. In a lot of ways I am thankful for it, even if it was quiet/lonely.

With all that said, those 3 days were a blur and I can remember barely knowing what time of the day it was lol

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
No doubt. It was an eye opening experience. I did a lot of skin to skin sleeping with him on my chest while she rested. She went natural with an Epidural. It was a quick birth and she recovered pretty quickly. Main thing was being tired.

The hospital did care for him with diaper changers and swaddles and a bath at the end. But it was nice being just us 3. In a lot of ways I am thankful for it, even if it was quiet/lonely.

With all that said, those 3 days were a blur and I can remember barely knowing what time of the day it was lol

How long did you all actually stay in the hospital?

I know a family friend who he and his wife actually caught covid from being in hospital during the baby’s birth. Baby is fine tho.

supercharged91m

Local 46
Established Member
Premium Member
We have a boy at 2 and a half and a girl who's 5 months now. Wouldn't change it for the world there a handful but worth it nice coming home to see them smiling and showing you what they learned that day

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
How long did you all actually stay in the hospital?

I know a family friend who he and his wife actually caught covid from being in hospital during the baby’s birth. Baby is fine tho.

Timings a little weird since her water slowly broke at like 6-7 PM. We ended up at the hospital around 8-9. Slept. Woke up at 7 and she wasn't there. Ran to get breakfast and was gone for 30 minutes. 78 missed calls. Babys coming. I sprinted back and was a dad by 8:30 that morning.

We stayed that day and the next. We were offered an additional night since that's supposed to be the "hardest night". We didn't know any better and went home, semi-stir crazy from the hospital living.

Should've stayed for night 3 lol

barstowpo

Established Member
I have 2 kids. The youngest is about to turn 30. If you think kids are great, wait until you have grandkids. I have 3 of those.

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
I’ll chime in, 3 Girls here. Oldest is 9 from my first marriage. I actually adopted her as my own, been apart of her life since she was about 8months old and she knows no other father. Also am a step parent to 7 and 3 yr old girls as well. Just about everyday is absolute chaos but I can honestly say I wouldn’t trade any of it for the world. Even though none are my flesh and blood you still develop a love and bond as if they are your own. My biggest desire and one thing I hope I can teach them in life is just to be successful and try their hardest at everything they do! I think that lacks so much in a lot of people’s eyes these days! At 36 years of age now I’d like to think we are done but only god knows at this point! Haha! I would say this after 3 kids, I can’t really see how 4 would be any crazier!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread